Compatibility Printers List

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
andreina021

Compatibility Printers List

Postby andreina021 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Good Afternoon,

I understand that any printer that has air print capabilities should work with wifi booth, but I would like to know what has successfully worked well with people to have a DYI photobooth.

I would like to use this app for my wedding, but I am unsure what printer to use.
I plan on setting up my (NIKON 5300 with my ipad mini and whatever printer)

I was looking into the Zink printers (happy zink printer, polaroid, etc.) to see if these were cost effective or if there were better options out there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility Printers List

Postby tim » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi there,
Welcome to the forums.
The last time I checked (coming on for 2 years ago), the polaroid/zinc line was more expensive per-print than the Canon Selphy line, and, the Canon Selphy line seems to have more manufacturer attention. So, i'd recommend the Canon CP910 over the Polaroid line.
This is assuming a small event, because such printers are not fast, and you (or an assistant) need to be around to keep filling up the low-capacity paper/ribbon cartridges.
If your budget stretches to it and you have larger events (>100 people) then I recommend the DNP DS40 + DNP WPS PRO. That's a professional dye-sub printer that works very well with wifibooth.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:16 am

Epson airprint inkjets are also pretty good
Many of them have built in hotspots as well if you're not using a DSL our camera you can have your iPad connect directly to the printer which is a very simple solution

Tobias

Postby Tobias » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:41 am

Hi Tim, please help ne with the Printers. The dnp ds 40 is Not longer available. Can you recommend me actual Printers?! Thanks for your Apple! Br Tobias

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:46 am

Hi Tobias
Any printer that supports AirPrint or DNP WPS will work.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”