Text images to the user

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
kindlingco

Text images to the user

Postby kindlingco » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi!

I'm looking to build a photo booth and use Wifi Booth as my app that would run it. Before I build the booth around an iPad, I was wondering if there is any way for the user to get specific images texted to themselves using Wifi Booth. Maybe using an email address that I, the operator, set up? If not this, is there a way to get the user the image digitally to the user?

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to move forward with my Photo Booth!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Text images to the user

Postby tim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 am

Hi,
Users can enter their email address and you can configure wifibooth to send emails with either a dropbox link to their photo, or the photo attached.
You can also tweet photos to #yourevent.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

kindlingco

Postby kindlingco » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 am

Ok, I figured that would be the case. For what it's worth, I was at an event recently with a Smilebooth brand photo booth and really enjoyed the text feature. It appeared instantly on my phone, I could post it to my Instagram story quickly and seamlessly. People are most comfortable with their most used form of communication, and as someone in I believe a photo booth's target audience (I'm 27), a text with a picture attached feels more natural than an emailed photo or dropbox link. Also twitter is great, but few people are using it to share pictures. Once the user has the image on their phone, they can do whatever they want with it on their preferred social media.

Just my 2¢! Thanks for making this app. It seems like it's going to help my business a lot.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:59 am

Hi there,
Thanks for the feedback! I forgot a key method you could share: guests can use their own iPhone/iPod to remote-control the ipad. When they do this, the photos taken wiht the wifibooth app on the ipad appear on their phone. They can share however they like.
To do this, guests just need to install the free wifibooth app on their iOS device. It's free.
Try it out! Would like to hear your feedback if this is solving the problem we're talking about, or if you like smilebooth's implementation better
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”