SMS integration?

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
Kaihayshuphotography

SMS integration?

Postby Kaihayshuphotography » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:59 am

I'm wondering if allowing guests to receive their photos via text is a feature we can expect in the near future? At my photo booth company, we use Breeze systems and their ability to send texts immediately is a great feature that everyone loves. I would expect that I would need a Trilio account in order to send texts, but it would be totally worth it.

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Re: SMS integration?

Postby tim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:12 am

Great idea, i'll add this in a future version. Thanks!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Shawn70805

Postby Shawn70805 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:40 pm

I'm new to the community, forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area.
I recently purchased Wifibooth for a family member birthday party. Everything was great, except for uploading SMS messages through Twilio.
Under "Files waiting to upload" Error flashing in red "Uploading now" "Please check your Twilio settings"
I've contacted Twilio and they referred me back to Wifibooth support to help with this issue.
I've paid for the service with Twilio (token, number etc).
iPad connected to the internet
Wifibooth is open
I double checked the Twilio SID, Token and number are all correct.

Please help, I have another event schedule this weekend.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Hmm that is not good. Some questions:
- is MMS turned on in wifibooth event settings / twilio? If yes, does the phone number you are using support MMS?
- does sending a test sms from event settings / twilio page work?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Shawn70805

Postby Shawn70805 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Thanks for responding
Yes MMS is turned on in wifi booth setting
Yes The phone number support MMS and (SMS, Voice, Fax)
Yes, a test MMS from event setting
Yes, I've received a sample picture from twilio.

I purchased Wifibooth to send pictures from the Photo Booth.

Any suggestions?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 23, 2018 11:21 pm

Ok sounds like everything is set up correctly, because you did receive the test photo when you tried it.
So, did I understand you right - at the event(s) you have no internet and the ipad queues the texts for later - this is correct?
If the ipad has internet during the event. What happens when you try to text a photo or collage to yourself, does it work?

Shawn70805

Postby Shawn70805 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:25 pm

You're correct, no internet connection and the iPad queues the texts for later.
This is what I see on the Events page

"
Files waiting to upload
Uploading now (then blinks to in red) Please check your Twilio settings. 41
"

I'm assuming the 41 pictures are waiting to be uploaded

If the camera(Rebel T6) and iPad are connected via wifi, can the iPad be connected to the internet?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 28, 2018 11:53 pm

Good news. I think I found the problem. I just released update 4.4.2 - please open App store app and go to updates tab and update. You can check your version by going to settings app -> wifibooth -> at bottom. Updates can take up to 12 hours to be available to you.

After updating please send another Twilio test message. Then things will start moving if they havent already.

In answer to your question, yes: the T6i is capable of connecting to a wifi router which can have the ipad connected to it. If the router provides internet then the ipad will have internet too.

Please try the update and let me know if it works for you!

Shawn70805

Postby Shawn70805 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank youuuuuuuuuuu! It's working!, the update worked!

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 pm

Awesome that’s so great to hear!! Apologies again for the inconvenience of it not working properly the first time!
Thanks for letting me know

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”