Green Screen integration?

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
tim
Site Admin

Re: Green Screen integration?

Postby tim » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Yeah but the quality of the cutout is not going to be as good on the XR I am guessing.... since it doesn’t have proper depth data
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

KYanicki

Postby KYanicki » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:28 pm

I can attest that the Iphone Xr works well for the green screen effect when only one person is involved, actually very impressive. However, group photos were hit and miss. we did a whole 20 people group photo and the people further back were not visible. Some 3 people groups would blend out the people on the right, I think it may be related to the hall we were in and the persons clothes being similar to the hall. Not sure. I could upload some examples if you would like.

overall though, I was quite impressed that without using an actual screen, Wonder what it would do with an actual screen behind the people.

FYI, I have used an actual green screen with a canon T3, DSLRbooth and an alienbee flash and had issues. I was using a 480LED ring light at only 10% power and it worked well.

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:42 pm

That is super valuable feedback, thank you! I am really happy to hear the XR is working with BluePrint/green-screen.
You are correct that using a bright screen (ie. white) as backdrop would help with the issues you mentioned. Also, try having the guests leave a bigger gap between them and the backdrop/wall -- as BluePrint is using distance-data, so increasing the distance to the wall helps a bit.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out about Wifibooth if you were already using DSLRBooth?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:01 pm

thanks for XR feedback. I guess I should of bought that vs an iPhone 8, since the XR has a wide angle lens. Too bad there are not any cheaper depth sensing cameras! iphones cost more than my dslrs!

KYanicki

Postby KYanicki » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi Tim,

I did not have a backdrop in place, was testing out how that works. I do have a green screen i could use but I am trying to build some mini, quick and easy to setup sharing photobooth's.

I decided to search what the best options for ipad apps were. I really am a proponent of Apple's ecosystem. even if I have felt its limitation, I have never been let down at a gig like i have been with Windows options.

I use a mac for dj and its never crashed once. knock on wood.

so would a white backdrop or wall, further away from the clients work better than a green screen?

Thank you for your help
Kevin

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:21 pm

remember you can also USE the XR facetime front camera if you really want something extra small and portable. but you wont 'be able to use green screen with front camera.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm

OK thanks for letting me know. With regards to the backdrop, the color isn't important (white vs green) -- what is important is that the edge-detection algorithm can find the edges as easily as possible. So, contrast is good: if your guests are dressing all in white, then a white backdrop isn't ideal at all. If dark clothing is popular, then a dark backdrop isn't ideal. You could use the green, or the white, or a typical photographer-gray backdrop too...

@aluminumwelder: I paid $$$$ to upgrade from iPhone 8 -> iPhone XS. It's a ton of cash but IMO it's worth it if you can use it for the photobooth too

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”