Instagram only option

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
kevin

Instagram only option

Postby kevin » Fri May 20, 2016 7:07 am

Hi,

I'm planning to buy 1 or more licenses to use in my business.
Only "issue" that is currently holding me back is that you cannot seem to choose an instagram only option.
I will only be using the instagram feature and don't want people to see the option to switch between camera and instagram on the top.
Also in my case there would always be the message "no camera connected..."

Can you change this in an update so it would allow a instagram only option?

Thx

tim
Site Admin

Re: Instagram only option

Postby tim » Fri May 20, 2016 7:19 am

You could use ipad camera mode so that it doesnt say that it is waiting for a camera to connect .. Is it really a problem if someone does use the ipad camera to take a selfie etc?

kevin

Postby kevin » Fri May 20, 2016 8:41 am

Hi Tim,

I did indeed try that option but then still a user can toggle on top between "Instagram" and "camera"
And they can indeed press the camera button to make a selfie.

The issues I have with this is that:
- I want to only market the Instagram option part, to "force" people to first post their picture to Instagram so the client gets extra exposure.
- Often the installation will be placed inside a venue with bad lighting conditions, if a user would take a selfie, the photo will be underexposed and become useless.
- Also if somebody changes the slider on top from Instagram to photo either on purpose or by accident, the next use will not directly see the loaded Instagram photo's.
So this would require me to add some instructions telling users to switch manually and I want to keep the experience as simple as possible.

I'm running some photo booths for several years now and I just know that extra, unnecessary options will always provide problems :D

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 20, 2016 8:47 am

Thanks for the feedback. Ill implement it in a future version and post back here.

kevin

Postby kevin » Fri May 20, 2016 8:49 am

Thanks, i'll be busy building the cases so no rush here :-)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 20, 2016 9:22 am

Cool, looking forward to seeing your creations

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Hi Kevin,
I built the feature you requested into version 2.2.1, which just went live on the app-store. It might take your ipad up to 24 hours to find the update.
To use the feature, go to Settings App, Wifi Booth, and turn on the option "Hide mode toggle in Instagram Mode***". If the app was already running, kill it. Then open up wifibooth, choose an event that has instagram on, and you should notice that once you slide the toggle to put it in instagram mode, the toggle disappears (and so do the related labels and the shutter button). The app is thus locked to instagram mode.
I think that's what you want right?

kevin

Postby kevin » Tue May 24, 2016 12:56 pm

That's indeed what I was looking for, i'll test it and keep you informed.
Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu May 26, 2016 9:50 am

Bad news. Facebook has decided that apps such as mine, which access public instagram content, are no longer allowed to do so as of June 1st. More information in the announcement above (scroll up)

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”