I just realized that the app has been updated and i testd a bit with the new version. Here are some thoughts about it:
- In the previous version I prefered to leave the number of shots to 1. I think it is the most accessible approach for the users to just leave it up to them if they want to get one single shot or 10 in a row. I think the new workflow in v4 only works well if you shoot 3 or more pictures after pressing the release button. When shooting only one picture it is quiet annoying to be forwarded to the gallery automatically because in many cases the guests would like to take another shot right after the first one. I think in this scenario, the old interface where you had the mixed view including the gallery and the release button worked much better. It leaves more control over the app's state to the user.
I would suggest to stay in capturing mode after shooting an image (at least I would love to see an option for this in the settings). I would then place a prominent button right next to the release button that says "gallery" that gets me to the gallery if I am finished with shooting. In this mode, it would be necessary to some sort of preview of the last picture inside the capture mode. As a web designer I know that my sollution is not perfect and far away from beeing completely thought out. There are so many thinks to be considered that I did not think of right now. I just hope for the best
- I would like to hide the header bar that contains to icons for setting, camera, printer. the little arrow on the header gives me this option. However, it hides the entire header, including the buttons to navigate to the gallery and back. Without these buttons there is no way no navigate between these two views except swiping, which is not a viable option for me as many users will simply not know about this navigation pattern.
- There is also this pagination-like-thing at the button of the app. I think there are several problems with this:
- The design lets me think that I could tap on the words saying "< KAMERA" and "FERTIG >" (in the german version) to navigate to the different views, but i can't
- But the words seem to be just labels for the respective dots. The first stands for "KAMERA", the right one stands for "FERTIG". The one in the middle (gallery) has no label wich seems to be some odd compromise following a first design idea without considering it's usability.
- I activated the possibility to delete images but I cannot find a way to do so in the gallery
- There is this bar right under the header overlapping the live view area that contains slots for each shot that will be taken after hitting the release button. After each picture taken, one slot turns green. I assumed that these slots will be filled with a thumbnails and not just with a solid color. I don't think that you would need such a big bar only for indicating the number of shot images. Especially when shooting only one image per time this bar seems to be a bit redundant (see my first point).
Looking forward for the next iteration of the app