Feedback for v4

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
timoetting

Feedback for v4

Postby timoetting » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi Tim,

I just realized that the app has been updated and i testd a bit with the new version. Here are some thoughts about it:
  • In the previous version I prefered to leave the number of shots to 1. I think it is the most accessible approach for the users to just leave it up to them if they want to get one single shot or 10 in a row. I think the new workflow in v4 only works well if you shoot 3 or more pictures after pressing the release button. When shooting only one picture it is quiet annoying to be forwarded to the gallery automatically because in many cases the guests would like to take another shot right after the first one. I think in this scenario, the old interface where you had the mixed view including the gallery and the release button worked much better. It leaves more control over the app's state to the user.
    I would suggest to stay in capturing mode after shooting an image (at least I would love to see an option for this in the settings). I would then place a prominent button right next to the release button that says "gallery" that gets me to the gallery if I am finished with shooting. In this mode, it would be necessary to some sort of preview of the last picture inside the capture mode. As a web designer I know that my sollution is not perfect and far away from beeing completely thought out. There are so many thinks to be considered that I did not think of right now. I just hope for the best :)
  • I would like to hide the header bar that contains to icons for setting, camera, printer. the little arrow on the header gives me this option. However, it hides the entire header, including the buttons to navigate to the gallery and back. Without these buttons there is no way no navigate between these two views except swiping, which is not a viable option for me as many users will simply not know about this navigation pattern.
  • There is also this pagination-like-thing at the button of the app. I think there are several problems with this:
    • The design lets me think that I could tap on the words saying "< KAMERA" and "FERTIG >" (in the german version) to navigate to the different views, but i can't
    • But the words seem to be just labels for the respective dots. The first stands for "KAMERA", the right one stands for "FERTIG". The one in the middle (gallery) has no label wich seems to be some odd compromise following a first design idea without considering it's usability.
  • I activated the possibility to delete images but I cannot find a way to do so in the gallery
  • There is this bar right under the header overlapping the live view area that contains slots for each shot that will be taken after hitting the release button. After each picture taken, one slot turns green. I assumed that these slots will be filled with a thumbnails and not just with a solid color. I don't think that you would need such a big bar only for indicating the number of shot images. Especially when shooting only one image per time this bar seems to be a bit redundant (see my first point).
After all those points it has to be said that you app is still great. Without your app, me and my friend would not have been able to build our photo booth and to have some great events with it.

Looking forward for the next iteration of the app ;)
Tim

tim
Site Admin

Re: Feedback for v4

Postby tim » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi other tim!

Thanks for the honest and detailed feedback, I really appreciate it.
  • Re a setting for not auto-advancing to the gallery: interesting, i'll consider this
  • Re making it easier for users to understand how to get to the gallery: yes, this is common feedback. I'll investigate this when I have designer cycles available to me again
  • Re hiding the nav bar: very good point, I will try to incorporate this feedback asap
  • Re the pagination control at the bottom, that's the same feedback as making it easier for users to get to the gallery. The pagination control you're seeing there is a standard iOS control, but it is labelled perhaps unusually. I didn't make it touchable because it is too small. It's small by necessity because it'd take up too much space otherwise. Anyways, a design for making it easier to get to the gallery should solve this
  • Re deleting images: it is intentionally difficult, as I don't want guests deleting others' photos. You can delete while previewing a full image. Ie. from gallery, hit the magnifying-glass icon, touch the image once to bring up the toolbar at the bottom, you'll see a delete icon
  • Re showing the squares at the top: for the next update these are already hidden if you're only taking one photo
Keep it coming...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Feedback for v4

Postby tim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 am

Hi Tim,
The newest beta makes it possible to take photos straight from the gallery page, and make the gallery page your home (start) page. Those two together should take care of some of your feedback. Can you please try it and let me know?
Also the nav bar was adjusted, and the squares taken out :)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”