Lots of various random suggestions

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
jonl

Lots of various random suggestions

Postby jonl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Great app! Subscribed to pro, well deserved and its slick.

I have some suggestions, based on how I tend to use the app at my events. Hopefully they may be useful suggestions for you!
  • Collages - Restrict the number of photos allowed in a collage. My style is to run most of my photobooths with just one image per print. Three images is not bad; six images is also a lot, especially on a 4x6 print.
  • Branding/Collages - For the collage function, if someone happens to select just one photo, ensure the watermark/event logo makes it on there somehow. On the branding page, I can "Add logo to collages" which only puts the logo if more than one photo is selected. I can also "overlay on collage" - great for just one photo, but if there is more than one photo selected, the logo shows up twice!
  • Branding/Collages - If I add a "overlay on collage", it always forces my Orientation to be "Portrait", although I prefer it to be always "Landscape". Is there a reason why this is occuring?
  • Collages - For collages, consider having more granular controls for borders. For example, a top %, bottom %, left %, right % for each border will help make sure a logo always appears prominently, and can achieve a poloroid-style effect on a 4x6 printout.
  • Email - Background image - I don't mind that Wifibooth is getting a shoutout in the email to guests. Please consider removing the background image (http://wifibooth.com/assets/emailbg375px.jpg), as its quite distracting and confuses the guests as to where their image actually is.
  • UI - After you select your images, on the screen where you can either shuffle or resize photos, consider making it slightly more obvious that there is an ability to resize photos.
  • UI - Consider the ability to disable or limit resizing photos - as the photo that gets sent to the iPad is optimized for 4x6 (in my workflow, anyways) and having the user arbitrarily blow up the photo and get a pixelly image isn't a good experience for the guest.
  • UI - Ability to remove the CAMERA from navigation, since I depend on the SLR and a photographer triggering the camera, and Wifibooth is my kiosk.
  • UI - The little pulldown nub (in the header, under the Wifibooth logo) - when its closed and the Wifibooth logo isn't showing, I find it difficult to interact with some of the commands (Clear, Shuffle) as its not as responsive. When its just the word "Shuffle", I tend to hit the arrow to expand the header instead of the word Shuffle.
  • Wishlist - I liked the Livebooth and companion Livebooth Direct mac application. It simplified the transferring of files between the Mac and the iPad. Since I use multiple iPads for Wifibooth, I have to set up multiple FTP transfers from the Mac to different iPads. I know its out of scope of your app, but its was so incredibly useful for me.
Some (perhaps irrelevant) background on my workflow:
  • The host takes a photo on my non-wifi SLR, tethered via Lightroom on my Mac. WifiBooth isn't used to take photos.
  • The photo gets automatically transferred to my Mac, gets some basic adjustments applied to it, and then gets exported to a "watch folder".
  • The "watch folder" automatically sends the file to the FTP server as set up on each iPad, via the IP address.
  • On the iPad, the guest uses WifiBooth to select and print their photo.
  • The DNP printer receives the airprint request, through the mac and handyPrint.
  • Photo gets printed!
Thanks again, love Wifibooth!
Last edited by jonl on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Collage for one photo

Postby tim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks a lot for this awesome feedback! Some of it is already implemented in the coming release (for example, it's much easier to hit "Shuffle photos" or "Clear selections"), some of it i'll add when i can. I'll get back to you here if I have questions.
I like your setup, very advanced!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Lots of various random suggestions

Postby tim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:48 pm

... re your second point about collage logos. If you're just doing a single photo (ie autopilot on single photo), then use bottom/top as the logo position (instead of in collage). The reason that "in collage" and choosing one photo doesn't show the photo is because the logo would be huuuuuge -- half the photo, as "in the collage" means "put the logo in as one of the photos". It would be too big.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Kaiithlynn

Postby Kaiithlynn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:29 pm

I been using Wifi Booth for a couple of months now and i feel that we are a little limited with the collage background and logo features.

Suggestions:

I think we should have options to put boarder colors on each of the pictures. Makes the picture pop a little more.

-for background options.
Putting black as a background color isn’t even an option i believe it only goes up to dark grey.
If we are choosing our photo for a background picture to use as a template. You should give us the option of to have the background REPEATED, or FIT TO SCREEN, STRETCH. etc.

- when having the logo IN COLLAGE. We should be able to decide where we want the logo to be positioned. Instead of us settling for the logo to be on the bottom right.

These will make wifi booth more worth me paying $100 every year for. Hopefully you can make it happen 🤞🏽

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:50 am

Thanks for your feedback!
That's hilariously terrible that black isn't an option for the background color: nice bug you found. I'll fix that for the next update!
Regarding your other suggestions stay tuned - there are improvements planned. They're a ways off, but that's only because there are new awesome features coming before that :)

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”