Direct connect vs. WiFi

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
JazzyJ35

Direct connect vs. WiFi

Postby JazzyJ35 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Hello

I am wondering if it would be better to connect directly into the IPad instead of depending on the WiFi. I had issues with the Sony 7as II and with the Canon t6. I am not sure if I need to invest into the t6i but before I do, can we get a sturdy and reliable direct connection?
IG: that_gloup
facebook: harlemphotobooth

tim
Site Admin

Re: Direct connect vs. WiFi

Postby tim » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi Jazzy,
When you say "connect directly into the IPad", do you mean turn on the iPad personal hotspot so that it creates a wifi network and connect to that? Please note this is only possible if your iPad is equipped with cellular data (sim card). Yes, this does work, but it is easier to use an iPhone to do this instead, and the ugly blue bar at the top isn't showing on the ipad (looks unprofessional IMO).

If you don't want to hotspot your phone, another option is to buy a small mobile router (plug router). They're cheap and very reliable in my experience.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”