Email and borders

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
ThePhotographer

Email and borders

Postby ThePhotographer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi there,

it would be nice to send Emails separately, so that a user only gets his photo and not the hole album.

Second point : It would be great, if it ist possible to resize the pic's to fit them into a border.

Greetings :)

tim
Site Admin

Re: Email and borders

Postby tim » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions. RE getting just their own pics, there is a new feature coming in 3.0 that should help you.
Regarding your second point of resizing the pics to fit in a border, I am not sure what you mean?

ThePhotographer

Postby ThePhotographer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:51 am

Thanks for your fast reply.

I mean, when you have a border around the picture.

So when i use the border, a Part of the picture is covered. :|
So i Need a function to reduce the size of the picture(s) so that they fit into the border. :D

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:33 am

This exists already (presuming I understood your need).
Open the Settings App, scroll down to wifibooth. In right-pane, scroll down until you see "Border (percentage)". Raise this from 2 to something like 10 and try again.
Did this solve your problem?

Heleno

Postby Heleno » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:47 am

I have just downloaded version 3.0.0 and I was wondering if the feature of just emailing the one photo of that guest to them has been enabled? If so... How do I set this up?
Thanks for your great support and app!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Heleno
No but i have time to build that now. Are you using the ipad at your event while it is connected to the internet, so the emails can be sent right away?
-tim

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:55 am

... and also, is it ok if the email has a dropbox link directly to the specific photo, rather than the photo in the email?

Heleno

Postby Heleno » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi Tim,
thanks for being such a responsive and adaptable developer!!
Yes, the emails would be sent on the spot at the event (well 9 times out of 10 anyway) and ideally it would be the image, not just a dropbox link if possible? That said, there would certainly be events where we wouldn't have wifi, so would the individual's photo be stored against their email for later sending?
My perfect scenario is...photos shot on Canon 6D. Then they are able to be sent to both the iPad (so client can enter their details) and a laptop to enable printing (as our printer isn't wifi). They would be printed as single images, with a transparent .png border/watermark over them and also emailed to the guest. Ideally, the email would come from the event host's email, not mine (but I think I would just need to add his email into my laptop?) Also, ideally we could capture other fields like name and number at the same time they enter their email and these are stored, against their image, for download post event.
From what I've trialled with Wifi Booth, most of this seems possible already... can you confirm? I'm concerned that if the laptop and ipad and camera are all connected to the same wifi network would that use lots of data to send every photo individually or to upload everything to dropbox on the spot?
I'm hoping all this can happen, as then I could recommend you to so many more suppliers to use your app for data collection as well as photo capture and printing!
Looking forward to your response,
thanks
Helen

Heleno

Postby Heleno » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:04 pm

... and I really don't want to sound pushy, but just wondering if you did add in the option to email a single image like you mentioned, do you have a time frame for this being ready? I'm just trying to work out if I can offer this to a client for a booking in a couple of weeks?

thanks again,
Helen

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi Helen,

Hmm, there's a lot there, so i'll go point-form ...
  • Canon 6D: live view on this camera is slllloooowwww. I recommend you disable live-view in WiFi Booth if using the 6D.
  • No, i'm not planning on building offline image-sending-queueing, ie. you're offline at the event and people have their emails entered and somehow later the app magically sends a bunch of emails each with specific images attached. There's a lot that could go wrong with this. Instead, I recommend for events without internet that you have the app collect all of the email addresses, then later you get them on your computer (at the top-right of an event hit the Folder icon, then "get email addresses"), and you can manually send out a link to a web-gallery (or dropbox)
  • When the app has internet and is sending email, it sends from whatever account you configure (currently: Settings App -> Wifi Booth -> SMTP settings)
  • The reason the app doesn't collect other information like name or phone-number, is because that causes people to take too long on the ipad. Try it at some events: even just entering the email address causes a huge line-up of people sometimes, because some people take fffooorrreeevvveeerrrr to type their email address
  • For the upcoming version which will (hopefully) have the option to send email with the photo directly attached, the timeline is 1-2 weeks. When is your event?

Heleno

Postby Heleno » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi Tim,
that all makes sense. We wouldn't use live view with the 6D.

The first event I'd like to send individual photos is 18 September,

thanks
Helen

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi Helen,
I can't make promises because I have kids (read: randomization=high), but sept. 18 should be doable.
It'd help things enormously if you'd be willing to donate a half-hour or so to test this, since you're asking for it (ie. you have an expectation of how it should work, which is valuable to me). If you're up for that then please send me a private message with your email address, and i'll send you instructions when the time comes (1-2 weeks)
thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Hi there,
Offline queueing of dropbox uploads & emails is coming soon. If you would like to test this feature and give me feedback on it, i'd really appreciate it -- please send me a private message if you're interested.
thanks
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Dualpixelstudio

Postby Dualpixelstudio » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:12 am

Hi Tim

I am planning to purchase it and now in trial mode,
As per the initial question in the thread- is there a way to restrict photo album link in email and view just their image?

One more question -
Is there a way to have app in non camera mode? To prevent dslr battery if guests are not around?

Thanks
Ram

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:43 am

Hi Ram,
This thread is 2 years old, a lot has changed since then.
If you don't want to send an album link, then change the email to send "as attachment" instead of Dropbox.
For conserving the camera battery: if you leave the app on the gallery screen, it is not streaming liveview at this point, which conserves some battery.
In any case i'd get an adapter so your camera is not using batteries
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”