Mailadress generator

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
johannTBox

Mailadress generator

Postby johannTBox » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Hey Tim,

I have a quick question and maybe a favor to ask:

Is it possible to use the app to gather emails from guests of events? A big customer would like to use our box to generate many new email addresses from guests of events.

A scenario I can think of is:

Setting the app so that receiving the pictures is only possible via email so that they have to put it in. Question here is do show us the email addresses added? This would mean that no printing is possible right?

Perfect scenario would be:
Before using the app the user has to enter an email address. So he can use the full potential of the app with us having all the mails.

We‘d really appreciate a quick answer as the customer needs this information from us...

Thank you a lot for your help!

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Re: Mailadress generator

Postby tim » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi there,
All email addresses entered into the app are saved. You can retrieve them by going to Event settings -> email -> Get email addresses.
If you want the app to allow saving emails but not to send them, then set email to "Only Save"
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Hey Tim,

Does that mean that they can enter the Mail without getting a Mail with pictures. What’s the use scenario there? Can you make an example?

And is there a scenario were the guests can only use the box if they entered an email?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Yes that is what the email setting, "Only save" means - it means only save the email address, don't send anything to it.
Example: turn on autopilot to full, turn OFF printing, turn ON email and set it to only save.
Result of example: app takes photos of user, user is asked for email, user chooses to enter email (or not), user sees preview of photo, app resets to home screen.
This is useful in quick-kiosk scenarios, where there isn't time (or ability) to print, and for marketing reasons the organizer wants all the email addresses.

At the moment entering an email address is always optional. This is because a lot of the younger generation do not use email. They use exclusively facebook, snapchat, etc.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:03 am

Ok sounds like the thing we need!

Where do I turn off printing?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 am

From the home screen, hit the icon of the printer near the top left. In the popover, there's a switch at the top. Turn it off.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Thank sounds good and works

The customers now has asked for an additional feature:

He wants also to collect mobile phone numbers. But I guess that’s not the typical case. Have you ever thought about that?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Yes, i'm investigating a Twilio integration that would allow you to send links via SMS (ie. of your facebook, or dropbox URL), but this will not be ready for even beta for some time
side-note: facebook has cut off many apps because of the cambridge analytica scandal, including wifibooth. so your testflight/beta build will probably not work for facebook integration today. Maybe tomorrow, thanks Facebook :oops: :roll:

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:06 am

Hey I just wanted to create a Facebook site to test the feature ;)

Will you give me an update on when it will be available again?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:08 am

It’s not me it’s facebook. They disabled a ton of apps including me. Super frustrating. Will let you know. We have no info at all from them. Many angry developers.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:14 am

Yeah I got that. I meant that you hit me up when they opened it up again and I am free to test.

Hope your effort with the Facebook integration won’t be for nothing.

With that said, is it possible that now that you have Facebook integrated, it‘ll eventually work with WhatsApp or Instagram too??

That would be so damn good!

Keep up the good work!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks. I hope so too - super frustrating.
Instagram and whatsapp are totally closed systems thanks to Facebook no way to integrate. Did you know that old versions of wifibooth did integrate with instagram? But then facebook bought it and kicked us all off! So i replaced instagram with twitter. Super frustrating.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Ah ok. I read in some posts that you had insta integrated and I thought now that you have Facebook you get it back. That really sucks. But that means no other competitor has it either. So no big deal...

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Hey Tim,

How difficult would it be to have the email as a must have even when you print it? This big customer would like to have the box for many times but needs it to always gather the emails.

Thank you for checking

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:19 pm

That's something I could add. I'll put it on the list.
How would this be, for a new setting: everything is the same as it is now, but the email action is always selected, and the user cannot unselect it -- and the email action comes first. So if they want to print, then they have to enter their email first.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:45 pm

I would think of this for example
(But that’s not really my proffession)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi Johann,
I added this feature but took a simpler approach. Please try out the new test flight build 5356 or newer. You need to go to event settings -> email, turn on last setting "force guest to enter email". How it works: the "email" action is not shown in the list of actions if there is at least one other action available, but it is always selected; the order of the actions is changed so that email is first. The effect is that the user must enter their email address to print, or take any other action (share via text etc)

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Hey Tim, sounds great but eventhough I have the current build I not get the option tomforce it to gather mails.

Am I looking wrong or is it actually something that is missing?

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:00 pm

If you open testflight app do you see an update for wifibooth?
If you go settings app -> wifibooth -> scroll to bottom, which build nr do you see?

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”