Does Wifibooth work with Canon EOS 200D (Rebel SL2)

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
Djmichaelhan

Does Wifibooth work with Canon EOS 200D (Rebel SL2)

Postby Djmichaelhan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:58 am

Just wondering if wifibooth works with canon Rebel’s sl2 or I believe it’s known as EOS 200D in UK. I wish there is support for this, thank you!!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Does Wifibooth work with Canon EOS 200D (Rebel SL2)

Postby tim » Thu May 17, 2018 9:02 am

Hi welcome to the forum!
The latest update of wifibooth (4.4 at time of writing) is the first that supports the SL2 / 200D.
Please try it out and make sure it works well for you, *before* you purchase anything.
Let me know if it works for you!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 am

Hi Tim,
Thank you for the fast response! I was debating between Canon 200D or Nikon D5600 but saw one of your post saying canon has better pairing connectivity. So I just purchased the Rebel SL2, will test it out with wifibooth and update you and the community! Appreciate all the help!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu May 17, 2018 11:50 am

Great - congratulations on your purchase!
Let me know if you have trouble and i'll help you out.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi Tim,

So I bought the canon eos 200d and is testing out with wifibooth. I'm using the new iPad Pro (2017). I connect ipad and camera to my home wifi and it all works well. The only thing i want to know if it is possible to make the connect between the camera and Ipad faster? after taking pictures, it takes roughly 20 after all 3 pictures are taken (I'm doing 3 pictures with 3 second countdown) for the screen to finally finish and allowing the option to send to email. my camera is already on S2 (3.8M 2400x1600). Just want to know what would be the fastest way to make the wifibooth work with the camera. besides that, I think wifibooth is awesome, just want it to load faster so guests are not waiting too long.

In addition, I understand that in the free version, there is the watermark and nag time. what does it mean nag time? I understand that buying the pro version will remove watermark and nag time but dont understand what nag time is. Thanks Tim!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi DJMichaelHan,

Great to hear that your SL2/200D is working with Wifibooth!
There is not much you can do to improve the file transfer time, other than improving your wifi setup: are you connecting the wifi of the ipad directly to the camera, or something else? Let me know and i'll happily give you one other option...

Regarding "nag time", that means the popup showing that you are in trial mode. In trial mode, after every couple of photos you take, or when you open event settings and then close them, you see a popup warning you that you're in trial mode. That is the "nag screen" :) Of course it goes away if you purchase the app.

If you have any more questions let me know!

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Sun May 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi Tim,

So I connected my ipad to my home wifi. From there, I went into the camera wifi mode and select Smartphone Mode (the top Middle one like one of your guided link shows). And sometime they take really long to connect so I just restart and usually on the 2nd try, the ipad finds the camera really quick with 15 seconds or so. So that's how I connect my camera to wifibooth. Thanks Tim

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun May 27, 2018 8:14 pm

OK. Then in that case, it is easy to test if your wifi network is the problem: try connecting the wifi of the ipad directly to the camera. On Canon, this is called "Camera mode" wifi. You can use "Change settings" to get back to this.
If this makes it faster, then, your wifi network needs to improve.
Let me know!

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Thu May 31, 2018 6:09 am

Hi Tim!

I've been testing different connection and figure it was just some slow connection problem. Using a different wifi network, it works like a champ! Thank you for all your help!

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Thu May 31, 2018 6:15 am

Now I just have a different question. In wifibooth, we can select how many pictures will be taken, for example 3. I was wondering, is it possible to make it 4 pictures, however 1 will always be designated to a certain picture and the other 3 will be taken from the guest during the photo booth taking time. I don't know if you know what I mean. Here is a picture for example. https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B7E9794

You will see that the upper left picture of Cecilia and Kevin holding hands with the Eiffel Tower will be in all the photo booth pictures and 4 pictures from guest that will be taken. I hope I explained it well. Is this something that's doable in wifi booth? I understand that I can add a logo to collages in Branding, and it can show at the top or bottom of the collages, but it is relatively small compare to the pictures in the collages. I was hoping I can make a picture to appear in one of the collage slot automatically for all photo booth pictures for a certain event. Thank you for your time and info so far!

Best regards,

Michael

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu May 31, 2018 11:32 am

Hi Michael,
Did you try the “in collage” setting for the logo position? This is instead of “top”/“bottom”

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Thu May 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Tim!

You are amazing! This app is amazing! It works, thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks Michael that's very kind, appreciate your compliments!
If you would be willing to write a short 5* app review on the Apple App Store, it would really help me out! thanks

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi Tim!

I have left a 5 Star feedback and review!

I need help with something. So my setup so far is the Canon EOS 200D/Rebel sl2 and my iPad running your wifibooth and a HP Officejet 4650 inkjet. They all connect to a wireless network (my phone hotspot) and everything is good. My printer is just slow and can not keep up to the demand of photos because it prints slowly and whatnot. I want to upgrade to a DNP printer such as the DNP DS620a or DS-RX1 HS. I understand that for those printer to work, I need a dnp wps pro.

So I understand that the dnp printer connect to the wps pro using a cable and my iPad will connect to the wps pro as well so my iPad can send pictures to the dnp printer. My question is that since my iPad connects to the wps pro, how can I incorporae my SL2 camera ? Seems like the wps pro create a wireless connection between the printer and iPad only ? Can you please advice or give a solution to how I can use my iPad and SL2 camera with a dnp printer?

Much appreciated as always!

Best regards,

Michael

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi Michael,

I'm not personally familiar with it, but others have had success without the WPS -- they used "Printopia" (software).
see: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=560&p=2628
That would require you have a computer at the event :(

i'm having a brainfart at the moment I can't remember if you can connect the camera's wifi directly to the WPS or not

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Ok Tim,

I will try with printopia if it works with the iPad and dslr camera and a non-wireless printer and let you know as well. Will try it with a non-wireless printer before I purchase a dnp printer.

If you happen to be able to think whats the best and efficient way to use my camera (canon rebel sl2) with the iPad and a dnp printer, then please let me know.

I know I could just you the iPad camera and connect to dnp printer with the wps pro, but of course the image quality will not be that great. The 24 megapixel on the camera just deliver such stunning photos so I need to incorporate the camera. Anyways, people love how the picture came out and your app is awesome. Really worth the $99 haha

Thanks again for your fast response as always!

Cheers!

Michael

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:17 am

You're welcome! (and I forgot to say thanks for the review in my last post :) )

I remember a bit more: I remember that the unit I had was a WPS-1, and it had unreliable wifi. Not sure if this was because it was a preproduction/testing unit (before the WPS-1 was officially released). So, I had it configured like this to avoid the WPS' wifi entirely:

DNP DS40 --usb--> DNP WPS-1 --ethernet--> DLink mobile router
iPad --wifi--> DLink mobile router
Canon T6i --wifi--> DLink mobile router

Obviously I had no internet in this setup, but it worked well.

Djmichaelhan

Postby Djmichaelhan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 am

Hi Tim,

So I’ve been messing around with the setup and I have finally settled. I pretty much have a portable wireless router. I connect my iPad, camera and laptop to the router. Connect the DNP DS620A to my laptop using printopia to make it airprint. And it works flawlessly! Thanks for the guidance as usual!

Best regards,

Michael

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 am

That is great thanks for letting us know!

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”