Which iphone is best for running wifibooth & canon dslr?

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
aluminumwelder

Which iphone is best for running wifibooth & canon dslr?

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm

has anyone tested various iphones to see how well they run wifi booth with a dslr from canon?
I have iPhone 6 and 7 I can test. I wonder if the plus models have better wifi because they are bigger?
or maybe they are all about the same? main thing I want is fast reliable wifi transfer of images.

perhaps I should worry more about my router than the iPhone/camera combination? do super expensvie gaming routers make a difference?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Which iphone is best for running wifibooth & canon dslr?

Postby tim » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:55 pm

I haven’t tested the Plus sizes much but the iPhone 8 is quite good, i recommend it.
As for router: depends what you are going to do with it. What is the complete setup you are going for? And why iphone?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm

thanks for fast reply. I will test out my iPhone 7/6 and see if they are good enough. if not I will get iPhone 8. I want a super small hand held unit to roam around with at events.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 pm

You're welcome. I don't think you'll see a big difference between the iPhone 7 -> 8, except when in the future, there's an iPad with Bluetooth 5: when you are using the iphone with wifibooth to remote-control the ipad-wifibooth, then you're usually limited by bluetooth speed, which will be an good upgrade when bluetooth version goes from 4 -> 5. The iPhone 8 is the first iPhone to have Bluetooth 5. There's no iPad with Bluetooth 5 yet, as far as i'm aware (july 2018)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

DamienG

Postby DamienG » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:53 am

How about the new iPhone X? Has anyone tested it? If not, I guess I can play around with it when I get it and report how Wifibooth runs on that model.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:55 am

Hi Damien,
Wifibooth works on the iPhone X!
You shouldn't find any issues but if you do, let me know.

Return to “Help: Other issues”