Problem with the app saying not ready

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
johannTBox

Problem with the app saying not ready

Postby johannTBox » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:55 am

Hey Tim,

I think I found a bug. At the two last events we had the issue that the box kept saying „Wifibooth is not ready for taking a photo please try later again”.
At the first event we thought that it was the extreme heat and that the devices just couldn’t handle it but after tomorrow we know now that its not the problem.

After the app said the same at the event yesterday I found out that blueprint was set to give internet and the Wifibooth was set to download to Dropbox.

But there was no router plugged to the server. So I think the problem was that there were too many images pending and after 2 hours it put the app to saying that it’s not ready.

Could you check this? Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Problem with the app saying not ready

Postby tim » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:22 am

Hi Johann,
Pending uploads would not cause the message of “wifibooth is not ready...” —> only the camera causes this. It means either the camera is busy doing something (switching from one mode to another, downloding an image etc), or the app thinks it is

What camera is it?
What do you press on the ipad to get that message? (Ie what screen are you on and what do you touch?)
When you see that message, does it work if you wait 30 seconds and try again?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Hey,

It appears when the guests try to take pictures after about 2-3 hours. It keeps saying it and waiting doesn’t help. I turned the camera off and on in the same turn as I switched off the “use internet” from other device. So I thought it is probably because the pending images but apparently it is because the camera.

We use the alpha 6300 and have also tried it with being powered on at least 16 hours. But maybe when the guests overuse It it turns kinda off?

That would be very bad and would mean that we can’t accept orders for clients that want have it at their event without support...

Do you have a theory or better a solution?

Thank you!

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I think it is quite likely that your Sony camera has some issue that it hits after 2-3 hours of heavy usage. Nothing I can do unless it can be reliably reproduced with a set of steps.
Personally if someone is paying for a photobooth (ie. pro usage), I would never leave the booth unattended. Too many things that can go wrong
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Hmm that would be very disappointing :(

It’s the second camera that was supposed to be ideal for Wifibooth and it’s the second that doesn’t work for us :( I am not saying that it’s your fault but it’s definitely frustrating.

Do you think its an issue I can take to Sony and get a new one or won’t that work?

You already told me your opinion about always being at the event and I appreciate it but as iam not a wedding or event photographer it wouldn’t make sense for me to stay there. When I purchased the app or from the beginning planned this business I were sure that it is possible with the apple equipment to have a system that works for hours alone.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:46 pm

“Works for hours alone” = 2 or 3 hours, which is what you are seeing. I don’t think Sony can do better than that with wifi.
Most photographers I know get an assistant for the booth- who can also drive the booth materials back after.
I do not believe it is a reasonable expectation to have a pro photobooth running unattended with guests using it for 3+ hours.
If you are desperate you could try the ipad camera.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:55 pm

My concept of business is to have a few boxes that really are premium and provide features that stand out while the boxes are made with heart and look like no other.

With this said for me it is a must that the systems work without any failure and I can let them work on their own.

Wifibooth has provided everything we need and the feedback of our customers is amazing even though we didn’t have one event yet were the box worked perfectly smooth.

We would love to intensify the work with Wifibooth but I need a little bit more assuring that the system should work a job without being right next to it.

Cheers

Johann & Chris

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Neither wifi nor bluetooth itself will ever be as reliable as “thousands of guests can interact with an app and a camera wirelessly tethered to an ipad for more than three hours including sending internet traffic via bluetooth to another iphone also running an app, all without anything going wrong”.

That is simply not realistic for wifi or bluetooth. If apple allowed me to control the lightning port and make a real tether id do it in a heartbeat. What is it you expect me to do? I have no chance to use the ipad’s lightning port, no chance to control the wifi directly.

IMO you either see this as a job creation opportunity for your next assistant, or, you decide to offer a top-end oro photobooth where you are present also offering services only a photographer can - catching moments while he guests use the booth etc.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:28 am

As I said this is not your fault and I never expected you to do anything. It’s my problem having not enough technical sense that apple devices WiFi and Bluetooth can’t be a 100% bullet proof system.

Now that we have focused our whole system on Wifibooth iam not willing to switch everything to windows as I don’t think that it comes close to your app.

In my town there are some business dudes that have 5-10 boxes and just drop them at the event and come back next day. That was my goal too.

Thank you for your feedbacks I will discuss this matter with my business partner and decide in which direction we’ll go :/

Thanks

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:54 pm

Hey Tim,

So I bought a surface and tried out dslr booth. Who am I kidding. We are gonna have to stay with Wifibooth after already having used the app and with that being spoiled...

We hired an assistant for a concert of a popular German band and the feedback was amazing...

So from now on either we will stay with the booth or an assistant. This makes the wedding-jobs a little hard but maybe there will be a 2nd box with a less premium setup...

Thank you for your work and the feedback you gave us...

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Awesome to hear! I'm glad you checked out the alternatives, and i'm proud as hell that you're still here ;) Great to have you back.
If there are specific features you found that were missing in Wifibooth that you found in other alternatives, i'm all ears...

Return to “Help: Other issues”