Unable to tweet collages

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
donbartolome

Unable to tweet collages

Postby donbartolome » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:01 pm

I've got an event coming up in a couple days, and I'm really excited to try out The WiFi Booth. I've got pretty much everything all setup and working properly, except for the tweeting of collages (downloading from Twitter works fine). I took a look at my Twitter settings, and saw that WiFi booth has read-only access. How can I grant it read and write access?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Unable to tweet collages

Postby tim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:27 pm

I apologize, there was a problem with the settings for the app on twitter -- it was classified as read-only. It is (as of just now) classified as read-write.
However, you need to re-authorize wifibooth for twitter. At the moment I think there is no other way to do this than to delete the app and re-install it from the app store. Sorry about this...

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Update: i think you can avoid deleting the app by revoking its privileges here: https://twitter.com/settings/applications
... then restart wifi booth and it should prompt you to log into twitter again.
Did that work?

donbartolome

Postby donbartolome » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Thanks tim for the super fast response! I'm not at home atm, so I'll have to try it out later tonight. I'll let you know.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:31 am

OK. I'm hoping it worked for you, let me know

donbartolome

Postby donbartolome » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:32 am

I revoked the privileges from my Twitter account, deleted and reinstalled the app, and tried to re-authorize WiFi booth. Unfortunately, it never asks me again to connect my Twitter account, but instead tries to connect to Twitter as usual. I think it's still trying to connect with the old auth information. I even tried deleting the Twitter app, and deleting my account from the built-in iOS app; same thing.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 am

Ugh. Sorry it is this difficult. Just to be clear: did you delete the Twitter account in iOS and *then* delete the wifibooth app? That order would be necessary to make sure wifibooth did not use the old credentials.

donbartolome

Postby donbartolome » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:39 am

Gave it another try, in that order. Unfortunately, still have the same issue.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:41 am

New idea: revoke the app on twitter, then change your twitter password. Then install wifibooth. Hopefullly this gets around twitter caching its credentials

donbartolome

Postby donbartolome » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:53 am

Was able to finally get it working. I ended up simply resetting the iPad and setting it up as a new device. Not the ideal solution, but everything is working now, and that's what's most important. Thanks for all your help!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:11 am

Really sorry that was needed but great you got it working. Im going to fix twitter's crazy insistence on caching credentials in the next update

Return to “Help: Other issues”