Dropbox when not connected to wifi

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
johnsbs

Dropbox when not connected to wifi

Postby johnsbs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:02 pm

I tried to search for this but didn't seem to find the answer. If you want pictures sent to dropbox from WiFi Booth when you don't have an internet connection (I won't for the wedding), will the pictures be sent to wifi from an iPad 2 after an internet connection is made after the event? Also, will folks who provided emails be notified after the fact?
That would be great.
Regards,
Bob

tim
Site Admin

Re: Dropbox when not connected to wifi

Postby tim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Dropbox, email sending and twitter require internet connecivity during the event itself.
Witthout internet email addresses will be collected and you can get them back after the event in a format that is easy to send a link to.
Also please note only the "everything" package includes email collection (buy or rent).

johnsbs

Postby johnsbs » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:29 am

As there was no internet during the event, it did not put the pictures and collages into dropbox. Is there an easy way to get all of the pictures and collages into the wifi booth app folder and then share the folder/link to all the collected emails?
Bob J

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi Bob
Did you have the option turned on to save collages, so these collages are sitting in your ipad's camera roll? 9
Or if not which photos did you want to upload to dropbox?

johnsbs

Postby johnsbs » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Tim, I do have both the original pictures plus the collages saved to my iPad. My issue is probably more a Dropbox issue but I can't seem to figure out how to get the collages and the original pictures to Dropbox so I can ultimately share them with the folks that entered their email addresses. I am guessing there will be others that will want to do this if they don't have access to internet at the time of the event.
Thanks,
Bob J

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Did you install the dropbox app on your ipad? That's how to upload photos to dropbox when your wifibooth event js already over

johnsbs

Postby johnsbs » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Tim, I figured it out.
- Open Dropbox and navigate to folder: Apps - WiFi Booth - Name of your event
- Press the "+" sign to add pictures
- Click on "Upload Photos"
- Select the collages you want to include (or all the photo's if you wish)
- Select Upload after you have selected all the photos you want to upload

Regards,
Bob J

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi there,
Offline queueing of dropbox uploads & emails is coming soon. If you would like to test this feature and give me feedback on it, i'd really appreciate it -- please send me a private message if you're interested.
thanks
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

elle

Postby elle » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:58 am

Help Please!!! I did an event last night without wifi to send to Dropbox--now the app won't stop downloading in Dropbox. I have duplicates after duplicates after duplicates! I did not configure my email (the settings in iPad) to allow access to the app because every time I went to Gmail it keeps telling me I don't have access to that feature to add a passcode for the less secure app. I have a spinning wheel that is going on and on and on...

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:28 am

Hi Elle,
It sounds like you configured the event to upload photos to dropbox, and the app is now uploading the photos to dropbox. This doesn't have anything to do with email -- photos can be uploaded to dropbox without sending any email.
If you press the spinning wheel at the top-right it will tell you how many it has uploaded, and how many there are left to go.
If you didn't mean to have dropbox turned on, and you don't want to wait for it to finish, you can delete the app and reinstall it, and restore your purchase. But this will cause all of your saved emails in the app and all app data to be deleted, including Twitter photos you downloaded. It would not delete the photos from the camera though.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

elle

Postby elle » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks Tim, I'll try reinstalling. It did upload all of it to Dropbox as I had configured, but it uploaded duplicates of each--for the one collage it uploaded 22 copies of the same...and duplicates for the other ones as well...

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi Elle,
I apologize for the duplicates. This sounds like an issue that was fixed in 3.3.2. Can you please update (using the app store app) ? This won't help you for the event that just had duplicates, sorry about that. But it should fix it for the future. Please try and let me know.
FYI, if guests make the same collage multiple times, although the app does try to detect this, this can still end up uploading the same collage multiple times to dropbox. Let me know if you have this problem.
thanks

Return to “Help: Other issues”