Issues at recent event - System freezes, etc

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
djpedroc

Issues at recent event - System freezes, etc

Postby djpedroc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Hey Tim, how ya been?

So i recently had an event and had A LOT of issues. The app would not print, the screens would get locked and unresponsive, had to constantly restart the app to get printing to work again.

The only thing that changed from my typical setup is that this was the first time I used the iPad Pro. Previously, I was using an older iPad. Tonight, I'm going to try to replicate the issue in the my office and see if I can figure out what was causing it. My hunches are as follows:

- iPad Pro is no compatible with the app
- I don't have the latest version of the app
- Restoring my old iPad to the new new iPad Pro using iTunes backup messed something up
- My staff were pressing the buttons too quickly in between screens (millennials, am i right?)

I'll get back to you with any findings, but I have another event on the 21st, so I need to resolve this soon.

Let me know if you have heard of anyone else experiencing any issues or if you have questions for me. Thanks!

- Pedro

tim
Site Admin

Re: Issues at recent event - System freezes, etc

Postby tim » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi Pedro
Wifibooth is absolutely compatible with the iPad Pro: i regularly test it with the iPad Pro.
Please check that you have version 4.4.8 by going to Settings App -> Wifibooth.
If you can reproduce a hang or crash then you need to tell me what you touched to get there, and what camera/printer are connected.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

djpedroc

Re: Issues at recent event - System freezes, etc

Postby djpedroc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:34 pm

No problem, I understand. Let me see if I can reproduce the issue and I'll get back to you.

Return to “Help: Other issues”