Emailing Photos to Guests Instantly

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
groom2B

Emailing Photos to Guests Instantly

Postby groom2B » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 pm

So here's what I'd like to happen: a guest takes a photo or two, and then selects them in the app and uses the "Want these photos?" selection where they can put in their email address. The guest puts in the email address, and then seconds later, receives an email with said photo.

The problem right now is that the iPad is connected to the Eye-Fi card, NOT the internet. So when a guest puts in their email, it just gets queued for when the internet connection is re-established. Meaning they won't get their photo until at least the end of the night.

Is there any way to remedy this situation? Is there any way for guests to have instant access to the photos they just took, without having to leave the wifi booth app?

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Emailing Photos to Guests Instantly

Postby tim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi groom2b actually they don't get queued. The email, dropbox and twitter features don't have "queues", they require an active internet connection.
I'm afraid with eye-fi you are really limited if the eye-fi card is providing the wifi hotspot -- it simply isn't possible to use internet features.
If your eye-fi supports connecting to a real wifi router, such as the eye-fi mobi PRO and eye-fi X2 pro cards, then you can use internet features like sending photos over email if the wifi router everything connects to also provides internet access.

groom2B

Postby groom2B » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Ah, got it. I guess that makes sense. Wish I'd realized that before the return policy expired on my eyefi mobi card. But it sounds like buying the Pro might fix the problem. I'll have to try that out and let you know if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the lightning-fast response, by the way!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:32 pm

You're welcome!
I know it isn't welcome news, but there are a TON more features when you get a camera that has buit-in wifi -- live-view, iphones & apple watches being able to trigger via the ipad, more stability, easier setup etc. If you can borrow or rent a camera with built-in wifi for events with wifibooth, it's definitely better.

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Tim,

Is it possible to configure wifibooth to automatically send the collage and the individual pictures via email?
I have it set to full auto pilot and i want it to auto print and then auto send all pictures to the recipient when later connected to wifi.

Thanks again,

Matt

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi Matt
If the guest enters their email address and theres no internet then the email will get sent as soon as there is internet access and wifibooth is open
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi Tim,

As of now, only the collage gets sent. I want to send the individual pictures as well.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Ah, now I understand your question. I'll think about this (not currently possible).
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Ok. Thanks!

Return to “Help: Other issues”