Layout and branding ?’s and suggestions

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
EJC

Layout and branding ?’s and suggestions

Postby EJC » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Tim

We’ve been using your software for about 8 months and have been very satisfied. Besides the occasional the Wifibooth is not ready error, it has really allowed us to do some amazing work with customers. This allowed us to get started and I am now ready to up the ante so to speak.

I want to be able to 1. Use a laylout that provides just 1 full size image

2. Place a transparent background overlay onto this photo as well as be able to overlay on the photos within a strip. Then it would be essential to change the size of the logo.

I’ve been uploading all of the pictures and photoshopping the logo on it. With 600 photos this is not practical.

If there is a method to accomplishing this now could you please provide he details I would need to accomplish this for an event I have coming up.

Thank you Tim.

From the owner of EverythingJustClicked.com

tim
Site Admin

Re: Layout and branding ?’s and suggestions

Postby tim » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 am

Hi EJC,
Great to hear that Wifibooth is working for you!
If I understand what you are asking for then both should be possible already.
First please make sure you have updated wifibooth to the newest version: settings app -> wifibooth -> should be 4.4.8 (or newer).

Re 1. Go to event settings -> gallery -> turn on “make collages with only 1 photo” (at the bottom). Also on taking photos settings, set number of photos to 1, and set Autopilot to Collages. Now try taking a photo - you should go straight to seeing the single photo with any branding / logos applied to it.

Re 2. If you go to event settings -> branding and try applying the collage overlay with the setup in (1) above, does that do what you wanted?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

EJC

Postby EJC » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Tim,

Thank you for the prompt reply and the excellent information therein. I was able to overlay a design with a transparent background and it worked out as imagined.

Now if the emails get sent when I reconnect to WiFi we will be in good shape. I had some issues accomplishing this on my last event and I ended up doing it manually. :roll:

On the subject of emails, I want the email option within Wifibooth to send appealing emails like the ones I manually sent. As of now, all of the text gets bunched together in one long chuck of text. It would be great to separate paragraphs. Also, the option to change fonts and or italicize,bold, or underline, color, etc.

I am also running a contest with the photos so I want to add the contest graphic to the email. Currently if I cut and paste the info into Wifibooth it removes the picture.

I also want to send the gifs with the photos.

I ask a lot I know, but I just want my customers to have a good experience and to get my business on a roll.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:30 pm

You're welcome! I want your business to be super successful, because that would mean that more people get to see Wifibooth :D
Emails should definitely auto-send once internet access is restored on the iPad, and wifibooth is open (in the foreground on your iPad). If email isn't sending, try sending a test email to yourself from event settings -> email. If that doesn't work, then there's some issue you need to figure out.

You can definitely style the email body text: that field is expecting HTML, so you can type <em>text</em> to make bold text. You can have images, links, etc. Please note that email clients are very picky, so you should use an email html builder to generate the HTML. Note that the email body text is inside a table, ie. you only get to specify the HTML of the body, not the entire email.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

EJC

Postby EJC » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm

I had a feeling you were going to say that. Makes sense. I will give it a go tomorrow. Do you have any idea how I would go about designing backgrounds for the 2 strip 4x6. Instead over overlaying the logo on top of a background, I could create one image and strategize where to put objects throughout the boarder and around the logo. Then just mirror the image.

Should I just create a 4x6 in illustrator or photoshop or is there distortion.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:24 pm

I am assuming you have set the layout to 2-strips in event settings -> layout, right?
In that case try setting a logo (not an overlay) and you'll see that wifibooth "doubles" the logo so that it appears on both strips. So I'm guessing the better thing to do would be to design a single 4x6 background photo that does not have any logos etc, and put your logo as a logo instead of in the overlay.

EJC

Postby EJC » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm

I want to place the event logo on the bottom and decorate the boarders. Thank you for the great information. Send me some stickers I’ll put them on my setup!

I appreciate the help.

Return to “Help: Other issues”