Problems email sending

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
johannTBox

Problems email sending

Postby johannTBox » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Hey Tim,

We were just getting the equipment ready for a job in Friday and were really satisfied with the efforts but now suddenly the app doesn’t send any mails and with that doesn’t even show them on the “not yet uploaded”.

This happened the last 20 minutes in our app. Maybe this helps you to locate the problem.

I switched between two gmail accounts to test everything but it doesn’t change the issue :(

tim
Site Admin

Re: Problems email sending

Postby tim » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:52 pm

What happens when you send a test email from event settings -> email?
Also, to send this test email, do NOT connect via BluePrint. Connect the iPad directly to internet for this (it's ok to use personal hotspot of an iphone)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:59 pm

It doesn’t send any email right now. Not even test. It says sent but doesn’t do it

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:01 pm

If sending the test email says that it is working, then the SMTP server wifibooth is communicating with is returning a success result (live). If that SMTP server is then not actually sending the email, but queueing it for some reason, then that could be the issue -- nothing Wifibooth could do to know about that. You might have hit some limit with your host -- for example, some email server hosts limit the number of bytes per day, or the number of messages per day...

If you are not using a Google/GMail account, please try changing to a Google/Gmail account. They work.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Hey Tim,

Now I turned the iPad on again and it works again. It probably was the blueprint connection. While connected to it it never send emails while also didn’t tell us that it didn’t.

What’s the issue here? We actually wanted the wps server to be connected to internet via a mobile router. So that the emails are sent in real time...

Worst part is that the mails we sent are lost. Only the new ones work.

Safe way for us on Friday: don’t use mobile router and turn off use internet.

Best way: it works with the router and sending mail.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:18 pm

As I said earlier today, when sending the TEST email you MUST connect the iPad directly to the internet - do not use BluePrint for this. After the test email sends OK, go back to BluePrint.

The issue is very likely that the authentication between BluePrint and your email server had failed.
The emails are likely still possibly on your BluePrint side (I'm not at the code right now, can't remember how this part works precisely).
When you send a test email from Wifibooth directly, it can detect and fix these problems.

Return to “Help: Other issues”