Changing the default back ground image in the email

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
markb

Changing the default back ground image in the email

Postby markb » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Tim et al,

It is show season again so out comes the amazing WifiBooth again...loving the updates and upgrades!

Since the last time I used the App I’m trying to change the image on the background of the email.

I have got the image to show up but it displays as a tiny image - I am uploading as the suggested dimensions too.

Any thoughts/help on this would be great...thanks guys!

Mark

tim
Site Admin

Re: Changing the default back ground image in the email

Postby tim » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 am

Hi Mark
I had a look - I am not sure, either it is the host or I think it is the @2x part failing. So email clients are loading image.jpg and image@2x.jpg if they have a retina/HiDPI screen... If the host is literally called "tinypic" and the pic is tiny, then i'm thinking it's the host :lol:
You could try another host, and i plan to make this easier in the future by having the app put the file on the wifibooth service...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Changing the default back ground image in the email

Postby tim » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 am

... update: confirmed, the problem is because tinypic is returning a webpage when you try and access the missing file vpdd0m@2x.jpg
Either upload both image.jpg and image@2x.jpg, or, use a different host that returns 404 / no file when you try to access a file that doesn't exist
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”