LONG WAIT TIME BETWEEN TAKING PHOTOS

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Thefotobomb

LONG WAIT TIME BETWEEN TAKING PHOTOS

Postby Thefotobomb » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:42 am

HEY TIM, FIRST OFF I STILL OVE THIS APP SO MUCH SO KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

I USE THE CANON 6D WITH IPAD AIR2 (PROBABLY NEED A IPAD PRO) BUT IN BETWEEN TAKING MULTIPLE PHOTOS THE HOUR GLASS SPINS FOR ABOUT 4-5 SECONDS BEFORE THE ACTUAL COUNTDOWN BEGINS. SO GUEST ARE KINDA JUST STANDING THERE LOOKING CRAZY FOR A WHILE LOL. MAKES THINGS KIND OF AKWARD. I HAVE MY PICTURE SIZE SET TO SMALL IN CAMERA SO THAT THE FILE SIZES ARE NOT AS LARGE. IF I USE THE IPAD CAMERA THEN THE HOUR GLASS DOES NOT EVEN POP UP IT JUST GOES RIGHT BACK INTO THE COUNTDOWN SUPER FAST.

IS THIS NORMAL OR DO I NEED A FASTER IPAD?

tim
Site Admin

Re: LONG WAIT TIME BETWEEN TAKING PHOTOS

Postby tim » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:49 am

I'm going to guess that that's because Wifibooth is waiting for a liveview frame, and the Canon 6D is taking a long time to send the next liveview frame.
The Canon 6D is a good camera, but not for photobooths: it takes forever to send liveview frames, i'm guessing because it is fullframe. You'd be much better off with a cheaper Canon 80D. They are WAY faster to send liveview frames. Try a cheaper not-full-frame Canon (ie. APS-C) and see if that is better with your ipad. Alternative: if you have an iphone, use the iphone's camera from your ipad via blueprint! It's awesome.

Happy new year! And thanks for continuing to use Wifibooth, it loves you right back!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Thefotobomb

Postby Thefotobomb » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:45 pm

COOL. MAKES SENSE, WITH THE IPHONE CAMERA I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE AN EXTERNAL FLASH WITH IT CORRECT? I AM A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER SO I PRIDE MY BOOTH ON STUDIO LIGHTING LOL. SO I WOULD HAVE TO BE ABLE TO USE EXTERNAL STROBE.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 pm

You're right, with the iPhone camera you'd be limited to constant lighting -- no way to sync a strobe (yet).
If you want to use strobe, then i'd look at purchasing a Canon 80D, or one in that line (xxD) that has good wifi
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Thefotobomb

Postby Thefotobomb » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Thefotobomb

Postby Thefotobomb » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:19 pm

I ACTUALLY JUST FOUND A WORK AROUND, SO INSTEAD OF HAVING AN HOUR GLASS. I CHANGED IT TO SAY "SWITCH POSE" AND THEN TURNED THE COUNTDOWN OFF. SO NOW IT JUST SAYS "CHEESE" THEN "SWITCH POSE" AND IT WORKS SUPER FAST NOW. SO JUST A HEADS UP IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO DO THIS.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Hey that's a really great idea! well done, I wrote the app but I did not think of that!

Thefotobomb

Postby Thefotobomb » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:26 pm

HAHA! AWESOME! IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE TEXT ON THE SCREEN FROM PINK OR NOT YET?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:57 pm

Hmm no but i could add that.

Return to “Help: Other issues”