E-Mail does not work

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
BuzzDee

E-Mail does not work

Postby BuzzDee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello,

I try to configure an email account. The account is on my own server. I can connect to this account with thunderbird but wifibooth does not work with the same account. I tryed different ports, TLS configurations but testmail fails. Is there a log to see what goes wrong?

The iPad is in my local wlan.

thanks

Sebastian

tim
Site Admin

Re: E-Mail does not work

Postby tim » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Unfortunately there is no log to show.
First thing to check: is your username supposed to be “sebastien” or “sebastien@domain.org”?
If you are comfortable PMing me access details (and the SMTP server is publicly accessible) I can try from my side and see what the error is
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BuzzDee

Postby BuzzDee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Hello,

username an mail address are different. The username does not contain @. I can send you the account by PM. Please send me a messige if done. So I can change the password.

Sebastian

BuzzDee

Postby BuzzDee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Hmm, can't send you the account details:

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 am

For others finding this thread, an issue was found affecting certain SMTP configurations for email. This issue was fixed in 4.7.2 (released today on the app store)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”