Lag - Processing after taking shots

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
psou

Lag - Processing after taking shots

Postby psou » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi there,

First time use in an event for me yesterday and I noticed significant lag after taking shots.
The settings were for 2 shots no autopilot and gifs enabled. No printing, just emails.
Camera Sony A7s with low res settings (Jpeg - fine) and an iPad Air with the latest updates.

After the two shots and while the screen showed the gifs there was noticeable delay.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Lag - Processing after taking shots

Postby tim » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi psou,
Sorry to hear about the lag.
The biggest cause of this would be distance from the iPad & camera - how far apart were they at your event?
The next biggest cause would be either the camera or the iPad having low battery. Can you try plugging them both into AC power (ie. not using batteries) and see if that helps?
Are you using BluePrint?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

psou

Postby psou » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Thank you for the fast reply.

The distance was very very close. Some cm away.
Camera & iPad in full battery (both on power banks).
No blueprint.

I think that there is some processing happening after the shots but I haven't figured out what to disable in order for it to be resolved.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi psou,
You are welcome. Hmm, you might experiment moving the devices further away from each other, to a distance of 1 meter. Might help, might not. It depends on your environment.
How long are we talking here -- how long in seconds was the "noticeable delay" ? Did it vary a lot (ie. sometimes much faster, sometimes much slower), or was it pretty constant?
Finally, is your iPad's storage fairly full?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

psou

Postby psou » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:43 pm

I need them to be close as my Photo Booth is designed this way but from a test that I just did it did not matter at all.
We are talking about 15-20secs after the shots! There was a round progress bar counting down from 60.
No variation whatsoever, same delay in all shots.
iPad storage completely empty (16gb).

What I did notice however from the tests before the event was that this happened after I put a flash trigger on my A7s to fire the remote camera flash. Not 100% sure for this but I don't recall the problem without the use of flash.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Hmm that is very interesting, and should not be happening.
If you are willing, i'll PM you a link to a testflight version of Wifibooth that will generate logs, which you can send to me. That might shed some light on what is happening here.

psou

Postby psou » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Sure, let's try this!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:51 pm

OK, sent you a PM

Return to “Help: Other issues”