Pictures saved on iPad?

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
jbogg

Pictures saved on iPad?

Postby jbogg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi there,
I'm just trying to set up your app, but am wondering if the pictures will have to be saved on the iPad or would they go directly to Dropbox? I don't have enough space on my iPad to save all the pictures I would need.

Thanks for your help!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Pictures saved on iPad?

Postby tim » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 am

The pictures do need to be saved on ipad first. But the ipad downsizes them to print resolution (1800x1200 by default) so they do not take much space. Just try to make a few 100mb free and see if it works.

jbogg

Postby jbogg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks Tim,
I have 10,086 MB available and am planning to use your app for a wedding, so I imagine there will be quite a few pics. So that will suffice?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Yes definitely, that's plenty of space.
If your camera is able, set it to store both RAW and JPG and set the jpg to very low resolution (as close to 1800x1200 as possible)-- wifibooth will only download the jpg (and downsize it). Then after, you still have the fullsize raw on the camera card.

jbogg

Postby jbogg » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Awesome! Thank you!

thegrungeone

Postby thegrungeone » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:16 am

How do I set that jpg to a low resolution? Is there a special option?

I mean, combined with the raw

thegrungeone

Postby thegrungeone » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 am

Or more... what is your solution with the 750D? Since you cannot regulate the jpg size? :)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:22 am

So on my Canon 750D you are right, I can only choose RAW + L, not RAW + S1. This is annoying, eh?
What I end up doing is just setting the quality to "M". It's high enough res, I don't really need the RAWs anyways, and it's still small enough to be fast to the ipad.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

thegrungeone

Postby thegrungeone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 am

Yea it is.

I had the first wedding with my new photo booth and chose S, maybe I will use M next time. S is still with 2976 x 1984 px – it's okay, I guess.
I did some stuff with the pre-options that come with the cam itself, so that I wouldn't need to fix a jpg after shooting it. It all worked out very well.

Building this box, we documented a lot and we really want to make a video about that. Because it was so hard to decide on software and technic stuff that other people who want to do a DIY thing can follow some simple instructions.

Your app by the way is soooo easy to work with, I hardly needed to explain people what to do. There are some smaller things I would like to talk about some time. But maybe it will be fixed with the new version you talked about recently.
Anyway, you do a pretty damn good job with that app and when people start to rent this booth, I sure will do the abo thing - it would make a lot of sense. :)

Thank you for being so helpful on this!!!!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 am

You're welcome! Looking forward to seeing the video.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:32 pm

... still looking forward to seeing the video :lol:

Return to “Help: Other issues”