Wifibooth 4.6.3 will not send emails with photos

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
hanzi

Wifibooth 4.6.3 will not send emails with photos

Postby hanzi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:21 am

Used the same iPad at a new event, Wifibooth 4.6.3 on an iPad running IOS 10.3.3. This iPad is dedicated to Wifibooth, nothing was changed and it worked flawlessly for several events last year. We send via a gmail account, all the settings look correct as it has always been. Almost 30 emails stuck in a cue and not sending. Test email also fails. Tried sending email from the Mail app, and it works after reauthenticating with Google.

Thankfully a customer returned to our booth and informed us they didn't receive anything, otherwise we never would have known to look into it. How can we make the app send those emails out?

Also, our iPad is stuck on IOS 10.3.3. What version of Wifibooth is the latest and greatest for this version? Would an update solve our email problem or make it worse?

Best,
David

tim
Site Admin

Re: Wifibooth 4.6.3 will not send emails with photos

Postby tim » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 am

This is happening because of a security change Google made. As a result, Wifibooth 4.8 or newer is required to send email via Google/gmail.
Wifibooth 4.8 requires iOS 12. iOS 12 has been the only supported iOS version since late 2018.

If you cannot update to iOS 12 then you can send email with older versions of Wifibooth including 4.6.3 by using your own host/provider’s SMTP server. You can get the SMTP settings from them and put them into Wifibooth.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

hanzi

Postby hanzi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Can I use yahoo mail or aol or any other email provider? Will I lose any of the pending emails if I change email settings?

Also what's the latest version I can run on IOS 10.3.3?

Best,
David

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi David
4.6.3 is the latest version you can run on iOS <12. If you can update to iOS 12 please do so.
You can use any email provider that will allow you to send email via SMTP.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

hanzi

Postby hanzi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:59 pm

Just wanted to post that I created a yahoo account but it refused to work until I turned on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" in the Account Security page. Files are successfully uploading as I type. Thanks for the help.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:06 pm

You are welcome! Glad to hear you got it working.

Return to “Help: Other issues”