Photo and Collage Name

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
chamberphotography

Photo and Collage Name

Postby chamberphotography » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:33 am

While doing some test photos, I've noticed whenever the email is sent out of the photos, the name of the photo file says "wifibooth collage or wifibooth photo" instead of the actual event name. I know before usually names the photos after the event. Could you assist me on figuring this out? Thanks in advance

tim
Site Admin

Re: Photo and Collage Name

Postby tim » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 am

Hmm that changed some months ago, maybe you are just noticing it now?
It also depends on what camera you're using, and whether it is sent via BluePrint or not - let me know which scenario you fit into and i'll look into it
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

chamberphotography

Postby chamberphotography » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:28 am

Im using a Canon 6D. Im sending the photos via email. I'm not understanding when you say that changed months ago. Does that mean it will now only label the photos as "Wifibooth photo" or Wifibooth collage" ?

chamberphotography

Postby chamberphotography » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eHZkw ... uEMfM86eHn
This is what i mean. It names the file wifi booth collage instead of the actually event name, like it use to

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Thanks for the link. Yeah, i'm not arguing that it does name the files like that, that's been that way for some time. What i'm not sure about is when you say, "like it used to" --> it hasn't changed in some months. So maybe you just updated for the first time in a while?

The main reason for keeping the filenames simple like that is that in some countries, event names like "사라와 조가 결혼했습니다." do not work for filenames on some computers/phones.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

chamberphotography

Postby chamberphotography » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:56 pm

When using Wifi Booth before, whatever name I used for the event, that was the file name of the photos generated automatically whenever the guest send the photos to their email. Thats why i said , "Like it use to" Last time I did a gig, was back in November though. If file name generated now is just a generic " Wifi booth collage" or "wifi booth photo", then that is an extreme let down and very unfortunate, because having the photo file name the same as the event name is important, especially when it comes to branding. Client will probably get confused on what my company name is. :(

chamberphotography

Postby chamberphotography » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Or could we have the option ourselves to rename the file within the app itself somehow?

Return to “Help: Other issues”