iPad lagging?

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
DJWDISCOS

iPad lagging?

Postby DJWDISCOS » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:47 am

Hello everyone, first post here for me

I've built myself a photobooth and put a lot of effort into it. I'm using an original iPad air with a Canon 1300d. (Link here if you'd like to have a look at it: https://www.djwdiscos.co.uk/cheap-photobooth-in-kent)

I'm having a problem which I think is my iPad. The live view isn't keeping up very well, I've put this down to the age of the iPad but before I go out and spend £400 on a brand new iPad, does anyone know if this is actually the case?

Looking forward to hearing from you all and learning loads more about Wifibooth.

Thanks!
James
www.djwdiscos.co.uk

tim
Site Admin

Re: iPad lagging?

Postby tim » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Your setup looks great, well done!
I have an iPad Air 1 and although it is slow to start wifibooth and sometimes the transitions between screens are a bit slow, it does not have an issue with live view. That's not the problem here. (Although do make sure you occasionally power it all the way off and back on again, as this helps it run smoothly over time)

So, there are at least 2 possible issues here:
1) wifi setup or interference; examples: you're using a router which isn't great, or your iPad & camera are too close together, or the configuration of the space inside the case isn't good for wifi
2) the Canon 1300D is known as not great for wifi performance

First thing you should try: take the camera, iPad, and wifi router (if you're using one) out of the case, and stick them on a table with a few feet of distance between them. Does the live-view performance increase? If so, the way things are setup in the case is the issue.

Second thing you should try: if you're using a router, try connecting the wifi of the iPad directly to the camera. If you were already doing that, try using your iPhone's hotspot as the connection point for the wifi of the iPad and camera. Make sure you do this with everything outside of the case: the point is to try to see the best possible performance while you are testing.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”