Photo gallery not syncing completely with Dropbox/drive

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Heather

Photo gallery not syncing completely with Dropbox/drive

Postby Heather » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:22 am

Hi Tim,

I had a self-serve photobooth setup for a Christmas party I styled last week.

There are 700-odd photos and gifs in the app but only 145 files are synced with drive. None have synced with Dropbox.

How do I refresh the sync so my client can access all their files?

Thanks so much

Heather

tim
Site Admin

Re: Photo gallery not syncing completely with Dropbox/drive

Postby tim » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:07 am

Hi Heather please open Wifibooth and on the first screen where you choose an event, it will tell you if any files are waiting to upload.
Was Wifibooth connected to SoloLink on another device when you did this event?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Heather

Postby Heather » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:17 am

Hi Tim

It says no files waiting to upload and it wasn’t synced to anything else - just the app on the iPad running. Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:41 pm

Hi Heather,

In that case Wifibooth has finished uploading everything it thinks should have been uploaded. Perhaps it was not set to upload all of the photos (ie. set to upload collages only) ?

In any case the way forward is to use Dropbox and/or Drive apps directly, and instruct them (not Wifibooth) to upload the photos.
If that's tedious (ie. if the apps force you to select photos one by one), it is probably worth transferring the photos to a computer and doing it there, as the computer clients will happily upload a whole folder at once.
I'm happy to help you further with this and get these photos uploaded... let me know if you hit any issues.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”