Individual shutter & Hey Siri during guided access mode

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
fets

Individual shutter & Hey Siri during guided access mode

Postby fets » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:21 am

Hey,

I'm preparing everything for the first event of my Wifibooth. I have 2 issues at the moment:

1) I'm using a bluetooth remote shutter with the ipad. After pushing the button the Wifibooth starts making 3 pictures with the specified interval (5 seconds). Can i change this, that the user can push the button and the picture will be made immediately ,afterwards he can change his requisistes and pushes the button again for the next image. After the third picture wifibooth should proceed to the collage screen.
So the aim is, to replace the counter between the pictures by a new shutter event.

2) Second option should be the "Hey Siri" voice command to take a photo. The ipad should be used in guided access mode. Unfortunately the "Hey Siri" voice command is not functional during the guided access mode. Is there any workaround for this?

Best regards,
Stefan

tim
Site Admin

Re: Individual shutter & Hey Siri during guided access mode

Postby tim » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi Stefan,

At the moment there's no way to do that with the bluetooth trigger in Wifibooth directly. Which camera are you using? The issue is that external wifi cameras generally need at least 2 seconds of lead time before firing the shutter, so this would be impossible to do with an external/wifi camera.

But, SoloLink on the iPhone does support this: it also looks for volume-up (bluetooth triggers send this), and immediately takes the photo.
So, my suggestion to you is to use a remote iPhone as your camera with Wifibooth (if you're unfamiliar check out our help articles). Then you can do what you want and instantly trigger the camera.

I'm not aware of how to make Hey Siri work in guided access mode ... might be worth asking apple (contact support) to see if there is some workaround for this. This isn't a Wifibooth issue (AFAIK).
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”