Hide the gallery function for guests

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
DanielHannover

Hide the gallery function for guests

Postby DanielHannover » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:47 am

Hi there,
is it possible to hide the gallery function for guests?
Greetings from Hanover / Germany
Daniel

tim
Site Admin

Re: Hide the gallery function for guests

Postby tim » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:23 am

Hi Daniel
Please try autopilot: turn it on to “collages”
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

DanielHannover

Postby DanielHannover » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Hello Tim,

If I choose that, unfortunately it doesn't change anything.
I do not want the guests to be able to select the gallery on the homepage without right.

Another question:
the text "Cheese" that appears just before triggering is far too short
Can you extend the time here to 1 sec?
Greetings Daniel

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi Daniel,
Unfortunately hiding the gallery entirely isn't possible.
How long cheese is shown depends on the camera and what it communicates to the app. If Cheese is disappearing quickly, then it means that the camera has communicated it has already taken the shot... what camera & wifi set up are you using?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

DanielHannover

Postby DanielHannover » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:52 pm

i use the camera my ipads pro 12.9 - 1.gen. directly.
this ad is then of course much too fast and rather confusing for my guests because you can hardly read it.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:44 pm

In that case I suggest you look at changing two settings, in Event settings -> Taking Photos:
- the "Cheese!" text
- the "Please wait..." text.

If you change those to be the same value, it might be a better experience on your ipad. Please try it out.

DanielHannover

Postby DanielHannover » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Ok, I have a space in both settings.
  It is good to be able to deactivate these options if necessary.
  Another question / error?
  Please look at the 4th and 5th option in the General settings.
  Why are these two options double?
  Greetings Daniel

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:41 pm

Do you mean the two slideshow options? They do look very similar, but they are not the same.
The first one, "Play on smart TVs" is Wifibooth actively searching uPnP for TV-like devices, and playing the latest photo / slideshow of photos on these devices. This is off by default, because it can be bad if Wifibooth unexpectedly starts taking control of all TV-like uPnP devices on its network.
The second one, "Play on Apple TV" is what happens when you connect an external screen or AirPlay screen to your iPad. If you connect AirPlay to your Apple TV, or plug in an HDMI dongle to your lightning connector / USB-C of your iPad, then this controls what will be shown on the second screen when Wifibooth is running: "off" means standard iOS mirroring, Latest photo / Slideshow do what you think they do.

Hope this helps.

DanielHannover

Postby DanielHannover » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:32 pm

sorry i mean the 3nd and 4rd option. these are both absolutely the same. at least if the app is set to German.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 am

Oops, that's a bug in the german translation. The first one should be "Wifibooth", the second one "SoloSlides"

Return to “Help: Other issues”