Monthly Pro subscription not showing up on wifibooth in older device with older IOS

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
cocobondodj

Monthly Pro subscription not showing up on wifibooth in older device with older IOS

Postby cocobondodj » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Hello. I hope you can help me with this. I have a setup with an iPad and printer for the photobooth. This is a designated iPad just for wifibooth that I use for my photobooth rental. I recently updated wifibooth, and things weren't working properly. Then I realized it's because the latest copy of wifibooth requires a newer version of IOS. My iPad has the latest ISO as 10.***, and it's an older model, so newer IOS versions cannot be installed. To try and fix the issues, I set up another (newer) iPad under the same account, and downloaded wifibooth on there. Everything works well on that iPad and I purchased the Pro monthly subscription. However, I want to still work with the older iPad, and not purchase a new one. The old iPad has plenty of life left in it. When I go back to the older iPad, and select refresh purchase, the iPad does not refresh into having a Pro subscription, but rather a Selfie+ one. How do I make the Pro work on the older version? I even tried to purchase the annual Pro subscription (that one shows up on the older version iPad), but I cannot make the purchase until the monthly subscription runs out. Please let me know what I can do to make the Pro version of wifibooth work on my older iPad. Thank you.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Monthly Pro subscription not showing up on wifibooth in older device with older IOS

Postby tim » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi there,
The oldest supported version of iOS is iOS 12. The oldest iPad that can run iOS 12 is the iPad Air 1, which was sold in 2013. We support the iPad Air 1 as the oldest iPad - if your iPad is older than this (7 years at the time of writing) then it is not possible to run Wifibooth on it.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

cocobondodj

Re: Monthly Pro subscription not showing up on wifibooth in older device with older IOS

Postby cocobondodj » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi Tim.
Thank you for your reply. Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. Let me try again.
I have been using Wifibooth since 2017, and I've done it on an iPad (4th generation). The iPad allows iOS 10.3.4 to be the last (latest) iOS to be installed on the iPad. The Wifibooth has worked great and I've used the $100 per year subscription. About a month ago I went to update Wifibooth as part of renewing the subscription, and things just didn't work correctly. When looking at the specifications of Wifibooth (the latest version), I noticed that iOS 12 is required. Thus, I took an iPad Air 2 from my sister, and configured it to the same account as the iPad (4th Generation). Using the iPad Air 2, I bought the $50/month subscription. Things work fine on the iPad Air 2. But then I tried to go back to the iPad (4th Generation), I removed and reinstalled Wifibooth, the refreshed the purchase, and the Wifibooth on the iPad (4th Generation) does not recognize the $50/month Pro subscription, even though on the iPad Air 2 it does work. How do I make the Pro subscription work on the iPad (4th Generation) that only has iOS 10.3.4, and that's the newest iOS that I can have on that iPad? I was hoping to maybe make the problem go away with an annual $250 subscription, but the program is telling me that this won't go into effect until the $50/month subscription passes. Best Regards.

P.S. Reading your reply again, are you saying that with the latest Wifibooth version, you must have iOS 12 or higher? The older versions of Wifibooth didn't require that. And yes, the iPad (4th generation) was released November 12, 2012 and support for it stopped September 18, 2017. Does this mean I need to get a newer iPad to continue to use Wifibooth even though it worked fine for me for 2 and a half years? Or as an alternate option, can an older version of Wifibooth be available? I didn't need to update Wifibooth, and the older version had all the features I needed. It would really suck if the program requires me to get a new iPad. Thanks again for your help.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Your older iPad with iOS 10 cannot run Wifibooth (any version of it) -- it is not supported. You can see our support statements here, specifically, support for iOS 10 ended on May 1 2018. We announced these restrictions a year in advance each time.

This is mostly due to restrictions imposed upon us by Apple & the App Store (two random examples that come to mind: the app store won't allow apple IDs that haven't installed older versions before to even find older versions of the app on the app store; and, we have no ability to offer different app versions for different iOS versions -- just one app version is allowed at a time).
Other things are simply impossible: the version of Wifibooth that ran on iOS 10 two years ago wouldn't understand a monthly subscription, because there was no monthly subscription back then.
Finally, it costs a lot of money to support older versions of iOS -- we're supporting iOS 12, 13, and soon 14. We do not have plans to drop support for iOS 12 for some time (but plans can change).

Wifibooth is a professional app and we consider a hardware upgrade cycle of approximately 4 years to be regular in this industry. Nevertheless we're currently supporting 7 years of hardware because we know that some companies have large fleets of ipads with a lot of different ages/flavors.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”