Control Iphone 11 camera

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Victor

Control Iphone 11 camera

Postby Victor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:31 pm

I just bought the app hoping to full control the camera of my iPhone 11 use my 2019 iPad mini.
However, I don't see this possibility. On the iPhone screen in the Sololink application, I see all the necessary control information and I can change lenses, exposure, etc. But on the iPad, there is one very Big shutter button on the Wifibooth screen. Is that all this control can do ;) ?
For example, every time if I need change the exposure or something else I have to go and change settings on an iPhone?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Control Iphone 11 camera

Postby tim » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi Victor,

Yes, the setup controls (exposure time, flash etc) are set on the iPhone in SoloLink. We thought that made more sense because often you're changing the lighting / setup where the iPhone (running SoloLink) is, not where the iPad (running Wifibooth) is.

The expectation is that you set these controls in SoloLink once for the event (at the start) and that they don't need to change after that...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Victor

Postby Victor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:11 pm

It is very sad. I can operate the shutter button with a $ 5 remote control. And all the pictures will be in iCloud and I can work with them on any device - MacBook, iPad with any application.
The settings do not need to be changed in the studio and for selfies. But besides indoor selfies, there are a whole bunch of others - shooting wild animals at the feeder, for example. For this, your application is absolutely useless for me, unfortunately.
It seems to me that adding a IPhone screen's mirror image to the iPad screen would be very useful. Much more useful than the ability to create slideshows. There are endless possibilities for this. And for full control of the iPhone camera, I did not find anything good.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:33 am

Well, you mentioned you bought the app so I assume you mean wifibooth, because sololink has always been free. Wifibooth is a photo booth app, that's in its name. So we do expect people are running photo booths with it. You can also fire sololink and wifibooth with the volume up button which is what those $5 shutter buttons use over bluetooth.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”