WifiBooth/Twilio never texted photo link

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
timnowack

WifiBooth/Twilio never texted photo link

Postby timnowack » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:54 pm

I recently just used the app at a wedding that had poor internet service. I had to run a personal hotspot to provide the app with a connection. The app correctly uploaded all my files to Google Drive (so it had a functional internet service), and asked users for a phone number, but it never sent the link. In my test runs at home on a stable connection, there was no issue using Twilio to text the link - so I know that is set up correctly.

Looking at my Twilio account 4 of the 300+ user links made it out, so it worked very randomly. Are the remaining files in a queue waiting to send when I get in a stable network? Or is the link between the photo and the user phone number gone once the next user comes up?

Thanks,
Tim

tim
Site Admin

Re: WifiBooth/Twilio never texted photo link

Postby tim » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi there
It could be that the twilio sends are queued on the app: if you open wifibooth on the first screen do you see actions pending upload?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

timnowack

Postby timnowack » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Unfortunately, no files are waiting for upload. I did another test shot once back on stable internet and it went through fine and texted the link as expected. Luckily I have the Google drive saved versions I suppose, just don't have anyone's phone numbers associated with each picture.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:26 pm

That is strange. Do you see the phone numbers when you go to event settings and open the event guest info? In event settings on the top bar it is the second icon from the top left I believe
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

timnowack

Postby timnowack » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:37 pm

Yes, I do see the numbers and there's an option to resend! And it worked! Thank you so much, I never would have looked there.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:44 pm

Oh that's great to hear, you are very welcome!
I'm not sure what happened at your event, but i'm glad the numbers were not lost.
All the best for your next event.

Return to “Help: Other issues”