Please Help!

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
PLEH

Please Help!

Postby PLEH » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:05 pm

Hello,

Photos taken with the free version of the Wifibooth app have disappeared. The app was working fine, but upon attempting to review the photos a few hours later, they were not saved to my camera roll. I have used the app several times in the past with no hiccups.

Is there a way to retrieve the photos, as this was a very special occasion?

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Please Help!

Postby tim » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:51 pm

Hi there,

The photos are saved to the camera roll, and they are not deleted by the app: apps don't have permission to silently delete photos (and wifibooth never makes an attempt to delete photos anyways).

My best 3 guesses what might have happened:

1) you ran out of storage space. Check: Settings App -> General -> iPad/iPhone Storage. If you did run out of storage there's nothing we can do, the phtoos are lost because the app wasn't able to save them. It would have been showing a red error at the top right the entire night if that were the case.

2) a guest intentionally or accidentally deleted the photos. In this case, check your Photos App -> Albums -> scroll to bottom and pick 'Recently Deleted', hope they didn't think of that

3) you have iCloud Photo sync or something like that turned on, and it deleted the photos for some reason. If it is on, check your icloud photos...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

PLEH

Postby PLEH » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:52 am

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your quick response, I sincerely appreciate your assistance. Unfortunately, I was still unable to retrieve the photos after attempting your suggestions. There is plenty of storage, and there were no recently deleted photos.

Are you able to determine whether or not photos saved on the apps side? I have used the app the same exact way in the past with no issues. Once the photos were taken, they displayed like before. I’m very confused as to what happened.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Trina

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:00 am

Im sorry Wifibooth doesn’t transmit this kind of information for privacy reasons. If you were using an external connected camera you could check its memory card
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”