Bluetooth shutter / Apple TV

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Cm1

Bluetooth shutter / Apple TV

Postby Cm1 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:24 pm

Hello guys,

i am really happy with all the features the app provides!

I have found two issues when using Wifibooth on iPad with iPhone as Camera and hope you have a solution for this.

1. Bluetooth shutter only works if volume on iPad isn’t on Maximum. But each photo adds one level to volume. So the shutter won’t work after a few photos anymore before resetting the volume

2. when streaming to an Apple TV, shutter (and volume down button) won’t work. I think this is the case because iPad switches to controlling Apple TV volume instead of iPad Volume and therefore volume down command is sent to Apple TV and not recognized by iPad anymore.

Do you have any help for these issues?

Thanks!
Christian

tim
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth shutter / Apple TV

Postby tim » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi Christian

Hmm #1 is likely related to #2 as the app attempts to compensate by turning the volume back down after the volume up command is detected.

However i do not know a solution for #2. Apple does not give a lot of control here
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Cm1

Postby Cm1 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:43 pm

Hi Tim,

thank you for your fast reply!

I already expected this for #2 - maybe gonna try to do it via DLNA then.

#1 happens even when I’m not connected to Apple TV.
Seems like the volume down command doesn’t work (at least not every time the volume up command is sent).
Do you have any idea why this happens?

Otherwise I would have to build some workaround that resets the volume periodically.

Thanks,
Christian

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:51 pm

Hi Christian,

You're welcome. Hmm weird, what iOS version & what device is this?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Cm1

Postby Cm1 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Yepp really strange. iPad Pro (less than 12 months old) on iOS 15.5.

On my iPhone 12 on 15.5 it works perfect

Return to “Help: Other issues”