iPad Camera quality and resolution

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
TRod

iPad Camera quality and resolution

Postby TRod » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:37 pm

Hi there :)
Im new here and want to know, how can i get the best quality of my iPads Facetime Camera.

I bought the iPad 2022 9. Gen with 12MP camera. But when i look at the pictures it has only 7 MP. Is it possible to set the quality of the pictures in the Wifibooth App?

If not, there is no improvement and i could still use my older iPad with lower quality cam. ;)

Many thanks for Help!
Thomas :)

tim
Site Admin

Re: iPad Camera quality and resolution

Postby tim » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi Thomas

The 12 MP camera of the new ipads is not rectilinear, meaning it’s fisheyed - for their Center Stage feature. You only really get 12 MP on ultrawide photos.
The good news is you still get a lot better quality photos from the newer camera. It’s signal to noise ratio at base ISO is a lot better.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

TRod

Postby TRod » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:18 am

all right, thanks for your answer!

best wishes :)
Thomas

mflav

Postby mflav » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:52 am

Hey tim,
I have the iPad Air 3 iPad and I went into Apple to look at the air 5.
Put the iPads side to side with the front camera on.
The screen is pretty fuzzy and pixelated on the air 5.
I understand with your above comment about the camera.
But how can it take a better picture??

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:48 am

Hi mflav do you mean you were in the native Camera app, or in Wifibooth when you saw the air 5 look pixelated?
Wifibooth is needing an update - can you try our other app Booth.Events and tell me if it is different
Video quality (live view) is not the same as photo quality (photo taken). A photo is not simply a frame from the video feed.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

mflav

Postby mflav » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:35 pm

I was in the camera app- not the wifi app.
Yeah I can try that for sure. Sorry I thought a photo would be same quality as the live video feed - I have learned something new.
Thanks Tim

Return to “Help: Other issues”