Twitter Issues

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
smithstein

Twitter Issues

Postby smithstein » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:56 am

I have logged in to my twitter account on WiFi booth, but the photo collages are not tweeting out. I have tried to sign out and log back in, but the Twitter login screen in wifi booth never populates. How can I fix this issue?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Twitter Issues

Postby tim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:19 pm

I don't know what you mean, "never populates". If this is a screen that has the wrong content that you're seeing, please take a photo of it (screenshot) and upload it here. If you're saying that when hitting "Done" to select event that no twitter popup is coming, then that's because the app thinks it already has valid credentials.
One thing to check: log into twitter, and check connected apps etc... do you see wifibooth there?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

smithstein

Postby smithstein » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:19 pm

After I press the "Login" button for Twitter, it just redirects me back to the WiFi booth home screen. I am never able to login again. Every time I go back to the event details, I can only select "Sign out of Twitter". It's as if the app won't allow me to log out and log back in. Yes, wifibooth is showing in my twitter settings as a connected app. Whenever I take photos though, Twitter is not automatically tweeting out the photo collages.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Very strange. Can you please try:
1. Delete wifibooth app
2. Go to settings app, twitter, make sure you are signed out
3. Open safari go to twitter.com and sign out there
4. Install wifibooth and restore purchases if you made any
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

smithstein

Postby smithstein » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:03 pm

I tried everything you suggested and it allowed me to reenter in all of my login information, but the photos are still not automatically tweeting out.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Hmm. Could it be possible that when you sign into twitter, you are connected to the internet, but later when you are expecting collages to tweet out, you are not connected to the internet (ie. because you are connected directly to the wifi of your camera) ? Which camera are you using, and how is your wifi setup?
Tweeting does require an internet connection (no offline support) ...

smithstein

Postby smithstein » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:23 pm

I don't think that is the answer as I am connected to WiFi on all of our system components. I am not using the camera's WiFi. I am using a separate router and connect all the devices (camera, 2 iPads, printer) to the same login.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Hmm, that's very strange. I probably won't be able to figure it out, without you running a test version on your side to see what you're hitting.
I'll put this on my list of things to get to (likely late next week, there's a backlog because I was away for 2 weeks). In the meantime are you ok with running an Apple Testflight version of WiFi Booth? I'd be giving you the instructions on how to do so, it's not hard.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 am

I have some time to look at this now.
Can you please tell me if you purchased any packages in the wifibooth app, and if so, which packages?
Can you also please tell me exactly the hashtag you told wifibooth to tweet to?

smithstein

Postby smithstein » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Hey Tim,

I purchased the PRO Events Package for $99.99 and the hashtag I have asked it to tweet out is #FridayNightLights from my twitter account (@UTKCTR)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:17 pm

I did some more testing and still can't see a bug in the app.
I realize this is a gigantic pain for you and I apologize sincerely. I am keen to fix this for you. For the next update I have added an error message when logging in to Twitter fails, but I don't think this is what is happening to you (you seem to be logged in ok), so I don't think it'll help.

When you set the iPad to automatically download photos from #someHashtag (choose one that has some photos tweeted live to it night&day, like #hashtag), does that work? You should see twitter photos appearing at the top.

Assuming that does work, let's try making you a new Twitter account... maybe there's something odd about your current account that's causing a problem. Steps:
  1. Open WiFi Booth and in the event screen, hit the folder icon in the top-right, and hit Sign out of Twitter
  2. Kill WiFi Booth (double-tap home, swipe it away)
  3. On your iPad, go to the Settings App, "Twitter" in left-side. Select your account from near the top, and hit "Delete Account" (it will only delete it from the ipad). If there are more accounts, delete all of them
  4. Create a brand-new Twitter account on twitter.com (you can use your ipad/safari or a computer, whatever you like)
  5. On iPad, open WiFi Booth again, turn on "Tweet collages to hashtag" (don't enter anything in the textfield), and log in with this new account you just created.
Let me know if that changes anything... hopefully the new account on the wifibooth tweets to #fridayNightLights, and you can see this from your phone on your @UTKCTR account...

Return to “Help: Other issues”