Entering email addresses cause the app to crash & Wifi instability

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
danib747

Entering email addresses cause the app to crash & Wifi instability

Postby danib747 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:56 am

Hi,

I rented the app for use in a Photo Booth at a wedding and found that about an hour in to the use of the app and people taking photos, the app started to crash when users entered their email address.

As the night went on i found that the wifi also started to drop out quite frequently and that people were worried their photos didn't work because the photos didn't transfer to the iPad. it got to the point that i had to take the iPad away it was crashing that frequently.

I was using and iPad Air using the latest update and a Nikon D5500 using the built in wifi.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Entering email addresses cause the app to crash & Wifi instability

Postby tim » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:34 am

Hi danib,

I'm sorry that the app crashed on you. That's of course something I want to fix. Can you please tell me the day that the app crashed (the day of the wedding) ?

Regarding the wifi, there's nothing the app can do to increase the wifi power. You need to move the ipad closer to the camera. Nikon cameras have exceptionally weak wifi :(
There are definitely more crashes possible when the wifi connectivity is bad, because more code runs in this case. So these things are probably related. In the upcoming update (2.1.0, should release in a week or two), two bad-connectivity crashes are fixed already. I hope this helps you.

Please also send me an email (tim at thewifibooth dot com).

thanks
-tim

danib747

Postby danib747 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks Tim

i didn't realise about the wifi on nikon cameras, was only 3-4 meters away from the camera. i get that you can't fix that, hahaha. i will try it closer to the camera next time.

Have sent you an email.

Regards
Daniel

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Hi Daniel
Just a quick follow-up to say that in the latest update to the app, your particular issue (crashing on unstable wifi) has been fixed.
Please let me know if you experience any problems.
thanks

Return to “Help: Other issues”