Locking down iPad

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Djjerry

Locking down iPad

Postby Djjerry » Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 am

I want to setup the iPad and not have to worry about people exiting the app.

Any suggestions on how to "lock down" the iPad

tim
Site Admin

Re: Locking down iPad

Postby tim » Mon May 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi there,
There are 2 things you should do:
1) put a password on the admin area. To do this, go to Settings app -> scroll down on left side until you see WiFi Booth -> find admin password in right pane and add one.
2) if you're worried about it, get a case for your ipad that does not expose the home button, ie. covers up the home button. These are usually made for toddlers/kids but you can find kiosk cases that do this too
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Djjerry

Postby Djjerry » Tue May 09, 2017 11:57 pm

I found the solution. It's called 'Guided Access' and restricts your IOS device to one program (as well as other options.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 10, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks for posting that here, didn't know about it!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Onlyzen

Postby Onlyzen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:18 am

Open "Settings"
Go to "General" > "Accessibility"
Tap on "Guided Access" (Scroll down the page a little, it's under the "Learning" section)
Flip the switch to "ON"
Tap on "Set Passcode" (this will prevent users from leaving "Guided Access" mode)
Enter a passcode.

Return to “Help: Other issues”