INSTAGRAM

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Wildcard

INSTAGRAM

Postby Wildcard » Wed May 10, 2017 11:30 am

Hi Tim,
I plan to use this app for an event next week to encourage social media engagement. Is there any way to make the photo shareable on Instagram? When I email the photo to myself the image is too large for instagram and the logo is cut off.

Instagram images need to be 640px by 640px including the logo at the top/bottom?

How do I do this?

tim
Site Admin

Re: INSTAGRAM

Postby tim » Wed May 10, 2017 11:42 am

Hi there,
To do this, set up the paper size as 6" by 6", at 300 DPI.
That will ensure that your collages are square (with a resolution of 1800px by 1800px).
Unfortunately there's no way to automatically share to the Instagram app (assuming it's also installed on the same device as wifibooth) - I may add this in the future.
There's built-in twitter support for tweeting your photos directly to your event's #hashtag.
There's also built-in Dropbox support for uploading your photos to a shared folder, and email support for sending the link.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Wildcard

Postby Wildcard » Wed May 10, 2017 12:58 pm

How do you set up the paper size to be square!?
This is so great - thank you

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm

You're welcome.
In the event settings screen (it's the first screen you see after selecting which type of camera you have), scroll down until you see the printing section. If printing is not enabled, enable it now. Then, touch the paper size that's currently selected (probably 4x6") and in the popover dialog, hit the + sign to add a new paper size. Enter 6 and 6 in the two fields to create a paper size of 6" by 6". Finally, if you enabled printing just now, turn it back off again.
All set!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”