Logo for Collage - Transparent.

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Cranfan

Logo for Collage - Transparent.

Postby Cranfan » Wed May 31, 2017 9:09 pm

Can the background of the logo when adding to collage can be transparent? Does not seems to work.

I created an image, with is mainly white. When I add it to the collage, the background turns white instead of trasnparent. I tried JPEG, GIF PNG.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Logo for Collage - Transparent.

Postby tim » Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Yes. It must be a transparent PNG, which you load onto your ipad camera roll (via dropbox or whatever you like to use).
Here is an old one of mine, to get you started - you can try this, and see that transparency works... http://timcarrphoto.com/external-resour ... -500px.png
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:02 am

I works with your logo. So not sure what my logo has.

I attached my file to this reply. I confirmed it's transparent in other apps (adding it in Word for example).

When I use it in WiFi Booth, the background is white instead of transparent. Of course, I'm loosing the image in that scenario. My background image in a dark blue.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:17 pm

It seems to work fine for me - when I take your PNG and put it in as the logo, set it to "Bottom", make the background blue -- I get this (attached). Is that what you expect?

Assuming that's what you expect, but not what you see, then:
Can you please go to the App Store app, updates tab, and make sure wifibooth is up to date?
Also - how did you get the image onto the camera roll of your ipad? Perhaps the way that you did it is killing the transparency of the image. You could try emailing it to yourself if you didnt' do that already.
logotrans.jpg
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Exactly what I expect, but not what I get. I saved the picture as you recommended, by sending myself an e-mail.

Very Strange. On my iPad2 it's iOS9. Might have something to do with the issue, but your logo is working. Wich make it even more strange.

Wich app did you use to create your logo? I would imagine Photoshop? Unfortunately I don't have photoshop, so I used "Paint 2" on my iMac.

I will post a picture soon of my "result" in the app.

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Here is the result. See the white box at the bottom

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:51 pm

No, it's not iOS 9 or your ipad that is the problem.
It is almost certainly your email client, or email service, that is causing the problem.
Do you have dropbox? You could save the logo from your computer to dropbox (by going to dropbox.com), then get the dropbox app on your ipad, and download the logo from there.

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:05 pm

I actually re-downloaded the image from the forum. Doing exactly what you did I would guess. Same issue. The picture I uploaded of the result is actually based on the image I downloaded from here.

But I can try another way. I have box.com.

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:47 pm

I just tried to copy with box.com. Same issue.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:08 pm

OK I thought of an issue. Perhaps this is a bug that occurs with background photos instead of background colors: I only tried with a background color.
Can you change your event so that instead of a background photo, it has a background color instead?

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes I tried with a background color too.

So in the end.. I found the issue! I downloaded a PNG converter the "optimize" the PNG. It's called Image Alpha. I choose "IE6 optimized" and now it's working. So seems to be related to a certain type of transparent PNG and iOS9. Attached the "version" of the PNG that works on my iPad.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:15 pm

My goodness! Well done on getting it working - that's a lot of hassle! Sorry it wasn't easier...
Hopefully you can update to iOS 10 soon :)

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Need to change my iPad if I want iOS 10. My iPad 2 does not support iOS 10 :(.

Return to “Help: Other issues”