In-App Purchase Not Working

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
epicseries

In-App Purchase Not Working

Postby epicseries » Tue May 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi,

When trying to buy the full suite, the in-app purchasing flow does not allow for me to complete the process. iTunes support has told me that they cannot help as a specific error code is not instigated by the action. Please see the attached screens.

tim
Site Admin

Re: In-App Purchase Not Working

Postby tim » Tue May 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi there
I am not aware of anyone else having a problem. Can you please try any in-app purchase in any other app and tell me if that works?
Thanks

epicseries

Postby epicseries » Tue May 10, 2016 9:51 pm

I was able to buy a $9.99 app just now. And a $19.99 in-app purchase elsewhere.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Hmm, this is really strange. I am of course frustrated that you are unable to give me your money :)
I can see that from the most recent data I have (which is yesterday), other people are able to buy the app.
My suspicion is that the large amount of the purchase has tripped your credit-card provider's fraud detection (ie. wifibooth is more than $75 which is where a lot of fraud detection kicks in).
Can you please call your credit-card provider and check if there have been any transactions denied like this?
Of course, I am presuming that you are using a credit-card to pay for your Apple purchases.

epicseries

Postby epicseries » Wed May 11, 2016 12:14 pm

I got it to work! Thanks for working with me and the quick responses! It was a iTunes issue, worked around it buy purchasing iTunes credit then applying it to the in app purchase.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Great, thanks for letting me know you got it to work.
I wonder if the issue was the larger price? Ie. was the itunes issue a workaround for your credit-card company not accepting it or something like that?
Sorry you had issues in any case!

xandy0414

Postby xandy0414 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi, Tim,

I am having similar problem. I purchased the full version yesterday from the in app purchase. App Store recognized that I have already purchased when I tried to purchase I again, however, the watermark is still there and also when I click restore, it says no previous purchase.

Please advise,
Andy

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Hi Andy
I am working on a bug in that area. I hope to have an update out ASAP.
Please help me: did you purchase the app, the delete the app, then try to restore the app and it will not restore? Did I understand that right?

Edit: please try this workaround: go to settings app, App Store, and sign out from app store. Then start wifibooth, hit restore, and sign in fresh when prompted. Does that help?

Edit 2: after doing the workaround, if that still doesn't work, please try killing the app and starting it again, and going to settings screen again. Is the app showing as purchased now?

xandy0414

Postby xandy0414 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:43 am

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply. I gave the suggestion 1 (also killed the app) a try and hit Restore My Purchases. I am prompted with app store login. I used existing ID (same account downloaded the app and purchased the app) and the dialog says: Purchase Could Not Be Restored

I am using iPad 4. Wifi Booth Build 3394 (e42aefb). I downloaded the Wifi Booth app (free) and tried for a few days, and then decided to purchase.
From within the App, I clicked the Gear cog > Everything > Buy, and purchased within the app. After the purchase, I didn't see anything in side the app changes. And hitting restore gives the Purchase Could Not Be Restored message.

Let me know if you need more information. If it's related to the fix that you are currently working, I am okay to wait for the next update.
By the way, great app.

Thanks
Andy

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu May 19, 2016 4:50 pm

The issues with in-app purchases have been fixed in the newly-available update, 2.2.0.
Please open the Apple App Store app to update to 2.2.0.
Note: it can take up to 24 hours for the update to become available in your area.
If you still have any issues with 2.2.0 please let me know ASAP.

xandy0414

Postby xandy0414 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi Tim,

After the update, I am able to restore my purchase with no problem.
Thanks for the quick turn around. Got a wedding coming up.

Cheers
Andy

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Great thanks for letting me know! Sorry for the hassle. Best of luck with the wedding and let me know if you get any brilliant ideas to improve the app.

azmoz

Postby azmoz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:34 am

Hi Tim!

I'm unable to purchase the app. I'd like to rent it for a week but it keeps saying in-app purchases are not allowed.
I'm on the newest version 3.1.3. I'm signed in to my Apple ID for both App store and iTunes with my CC details. I still can't download it :(

Could you help me out?
I really wanna purchase this app.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:54 am

Hi azmoz
That is very strange. Sure, of course im happy to help :) Can you please check this for me:
Go to settings app
Go to general
Go to restrictions
Check if in-app purchases is restricted ??

azmoz

Postby azmoz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:58 am

It works now! Thanks so much Tim!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:02 pm

That's great azmoz, thanks for letting me know.
If you're happy with the support you received, please leave a review for wifibooth on the app store, it really helps me! If you're not sure how to do this, here's how: https://wifibooth.com/article/how-to-wr ... ifi-booth/

qddoan28

Postby qddoan28 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 am

I had issues with my purchase today and had purchased the small event package but it wouldnt update in my app so I ended up purchasing PRO. Since PRO is the same and includes small events, is there any way I can get a refund for the 39.99? I purchased the 2 within a few hours of each other as it wasnt syncing that I had purchased the small events package. Love the app Just wished I wasnt charged 140 for it.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:42 am

Hi sorry you had trouble.
Yes you can return the package you dont want via apple. Easiest way is to wait for the email receipt that apple sends you. Click the link “report a problem” in that email and explain what you just said, apple will refund you
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

SWPB

Postby SWPB » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:43 pm

This is also happening for me, i try and purchase the pro version, the pop up from apple asks me to confirm the subscription, i confirm, and it says done - then the pop up disappears and it spins for a bit, then says transaction error - could not purchase this app please contact apple support.

Ive tried 2 cards, and paypal. The first time i tried it my bank did send me a sms message asking if it was a real transaction - but since then nothing has worked,

Ive been on hold waiting for apple support for 15 mins and still nothing - but it is a sunday to be fair.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi SWPB,
Ouch, sorry this is happening to you. It sucks when people want to give me money and cannot :D :lol:
This has happened a fair bit recently: I think because the cut-off for "safe" transactions is around $75 on your credit card, so this is a bit more and then your credit card rejects you.
Don't use paypal if you can avoid it: I think there's a limit there that might mean it won't work for you.

TWO suggestions.

First:
1) go to http://appleid.apple.com, and sign in with the same apple ID as on your iPad
2) Scroll down to "Payment and shipping" and click/touch "Edit payment information"
3) Double-check nothing is red / error, and make sure your shipping address is the same as what your bank / credit card has on file

If that doesn't work... after you double-check with your bank that they are going to approve the next request on your card:
1) go to settings app -> itunes & app stores -> sign out
2) power off the ipad all the way, then turn it back on
3) settings app -> itunes & app stores -> sign in
4) wifibooth -> try purchase again.

Did it work?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

SWPB

Postby SWPB » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the suggestions, but no luck.

I tried exactly what you said, and authorised the transaction with the bank who assured me nothing was blocked. To test this, i purchased another app for 99p just to see if it would work, and it did!

So that rules out the card as the issue, and my apple id is allowing me to purchase apps.

I still get the messages "Transaction Error: Your purchase could not be completed at this time. Please try again later".

I have even tried buying the one-off Selfie £6.99 version of the app to see if that works, but that failed too :-(

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Hmm this is very strange.
Are you running the beta version (installed via testflight)?
Also can you please tell me the build number: Settings app -> wifibooth -> at the bottom -- ? And is the last switch ("Alt cam libs") turned on? If so, please try turning it off, killing + restarting wifibooth, then doing the purchase

Things we can try:
1) you can try deleting the app entirely, rebooting ipad, installing app again from app store, trying to buy again. It could be that something got corrupted when wifibooth was trying to make a purchase, and that corruption has somehow got written to disk. Deleting the app would fix that.
2) I can invite you to the beta (if you're not on it already), which now (as a result of your issue!) has more specific error messages for when the failure occurs.

SWPB

Postby SWPB » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:34 am

Hi Tim,

I tried deleting the app completely, signing out of icloud, rebooting the ipad, signing back in and downloading and installing the app again.

I am using version 4.0.2 - not sure what test flight is?

Alt cam libs is definitely turned off in settings.

Please invite us to try the beta and we can give that a go to see if it works. How do i do that?

Just an idea.... If i signed into my icloud account on another device and downloaded wifibooth there, then clicked "restore purchase" on the ipad, do you think that would work?

I clicked restore purchase and it asked me for facebook details, not icloud details?

We have a wedding fair on the 7th October that we need to be up and running for, so hoping this can be sorted by then! :-)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

Hi SWPB,
Thanks very much for your continued patience on this. I promise we'll get you up and running before your wedding fair!

Testflight is the Apple system for me getting beta versions of apps out to my beloved users, ie. you. Unfortunately after I wrote my last post to you, I realized that we won't get to the bottom of your issue with a beta build -- because beta builds don't actually make purchases (purchases are "faked"), so we won't be able to reproduce the problem.
But luckily Oct. 7 is some time away: i'll be able to get this update out (4.0.3) with the better error messages pretty soon (this week I hope). That'll get us closer.

In the meantime, please do try your purchase on another ipad if you have one available, that's a great idea. I have heard of problems with corrupted ipads before (nothing to do with wifibooth, but purchases don't work or don't work well).

While making the purchase, please make sure you're on "normal" wifi, ie. not hotel wifi / some other wifi that has a login process, weird firewall/proxy behavior. Re facebook: that's for people who have old purchases from a while ago, which used to be saved on facebook. You can ignore that. If it didn't ask you for your apple ID / password then you were already logged in with it.

And don't despair: if it starts getting close to Oct.7 I can do a special unlock for you.

SWPB

Postby SWPB » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi Tim,

I logged into with my icloud account on an iphone and tried to purchase the app but that didnt work either!

Something is obviously wrong with my icloud account and the app, as i managed to buy another app with no problem, and you have loads of users with no issues, so im a bit stumped!

I also called my bank and just double checked that there were no limits or blocks, and they said there was nothing stopping it for working on their end.

Lets hope the new update solves the problem!

Return to “Help: Other issues”