when using iphone as trigger, AUTO mode does not work.

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
aluminumwelder

when using iphone as trigger, AUTO mode does not work.

Postby aluminumwelder » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 am

if I have ipad front camera as main setup with dnp wpspro router and have settings to auto print it works fine,
however if I use an iPhone 6s to trigger the ipad, the iPhone seems to be in autopilot OFF mode?

is there anyway to get the iPhone in FULL autopilot mode the same as the ipad?

if I'm doing an event with logos and templates this can really mess things up.

tim
Site Admin

Re: when using iphone as trigger, AUTO mode does not work.

Postby tim » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 am

I think what you are saying is that if the iPhone is being used as a remote to connect to the iPad, then the iPhone doesn't go through the screens automatically (ie autopilot). That's intentional: the idea is that guests with their individual iphones will WANT to spend time adjusting their collage/print to be how they want it. If you don't want them to do this, turn off remotes in the event settings and they'll use the ipad.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 am

ok that makes sense. I guess I just try crazy stuff, lol. I got this crazy idea to hook up my ipad rear camera to a 42" tv and use the iPhone as remote to trigger the sequence since there is no way to make the tv a touch screen. it would be a nice option though IMHO to have iPhone in auto trigger mode as well.

other issue I've noticed that when using the iPhone trigger and not having a printer set up, one gets the message

Printing error
Oh no the printer didn't work
please go get the photographer and tell him about it. Your pictures have been saved so you can try again later.

if one hits ok, the iPhone takes you back to the shuffle photos screen, waits a few seconds and pops up the same error message. One has to hit the back button a few times to get back to the start sequence screen.

general public will get confused by this.

I plan on always printing, but I'm some users will only be doing digital output. Even if one puts zero in the auto pilot print settings the same error loop occurs.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks for the feedback. That exact issue was fixed in an update released last night (4.0.1), please update your ipd and iphone and it should not show printing error when no printers are connected.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”