Remote for IPad/ IPhone

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Martin87

Remote for IPad/ IPhone

Postby Martin87 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:08 am

Dear all,

Is it possible to use a remote for the iPad Camera while using the Wifibooth App? I want to build a PhotoBooth with iPads Camera and Selphy Printer. As I want to fix the iPad on a tripod, it would be helpful if the guests could take a foto by using a remote (bluetooth)...

Could you name some providers/ alternative solutions that will work in this App?

Thanks in advance
Martin

tim
Site Admin

Re: Remote for IPad/ IPhone

Postby tim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:22 am

Hi Martin,
Your two options are:

1) (recommended) Buy a cheap iPod touch, install Wifibooth on it, and use the built-in remote functionality. You can try it with your iPhone before you buy the iPod touch. The app automatically finds the ipad, and can trigger it. No wifi connection is needed for this.

2) (requires the next update 4.0.3, coming soon) If you can find a way of triggering the volume up control, that will trigger the iPad. You know how some headphones have the ability to control volume up/down, via 3-pole connector in the ipad headphone jack? People are using that to trigger the ipad (some remotes are built to do this). I'm not sure what people are using though.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Martin87

Postby Martin87 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am

Hi Tim,

regarding Option no 2: When do you think you will Release the new Version as our Wedding is on saturday 30.09.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:30 pm

If you send me a private message with your email address, I will invite you to the 4.0.3 beta, so you can have it now.
The public release will probably not make it in time for you.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Mherron

Postby Mherron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi Tim, I am in the same boat regarding the bluetooth shutter trigger button. My 60th birthday is 9/30, and I am trying to set up the Photo Booth now. Can you send me the beta as well? I can't private message you as i just joined the board today.

Matt (matt@digitalshorts dot com)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi Matt
The best way to trigger the ipad is still with an iphone/ipod running wifibooth. Did you try that?

Return to “Help: Other issues”