Ipad keyboard covering email entry

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Anursesometimes

Ipad keyboard covering email entry

Postby Anursesometimes » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 am

I just purchased the pro version because I wanted to be able to collect email addresses and send out the actual photos to participants in real-time. I'm using an ipad to show a live view that is connected by wifi to my sony camera. I'm having three issues however:

1. The biggest issue is that when prompting the user to enter their email the ipad keyboard is covering up the dialog box that is prompting for the email. So the user can't see what they are typing or even the text asking them to enter their email. This is with the ipad in landscape orientation (since this is how the live view is shown during photo taking). If I flip the ipad on it's side the dialog box is then visible but I intend to have the ipad fixed to the tripod in landscape orientation so they will not be able to flip it sideways, nor would I want them to have to do that.

2. With the ipad connected to the cameras wifi it no longer has internet access to send an email in real-time.

3. The app is forcing users to create a collage of their photos. I want to be able to send the full images of the photos they take.

Is what i'm trying to do possible? Starting to think I shouldn't have bothered with the pro version.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Ipad keyboard covering email entry

Postby tim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:48 am

Hi sorry for the delay, i am travelling with my family.

Re 1) oof, I thought I fixed that bug. My apologies, it will be fixed in the next update.

Re 2) correct. You have two options: use offline mode (ipad will send the emails when app is open and senses internet access), or, use a camera that can connect its wifi to a router (aka infrastructure mode). Canons and Panasonics support this (model specific).

Re 3) I plan to revisit this in the future. In the meantime you can make a collage of one photo.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 pm

... small update while i'm working on (1): you might be able to workaround this issue now before the update is available. I didn't try this, but maybe it will work: make sure your ipad is already in the landscape/left-right orientation BEFORE you launch wifibooth. Ie. kill wifibooth, and start it from landscape orientation.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:05 pm

(1) is now fixed in today’s update 4.0.4

Return to “Help: Other issues”