Can't get to gallery when limiting pictures shown

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Purplemac

Can't get to gallery when limiting pictures shown

Postby Purplemac » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi,
I'm setting up the app for my first event, and I'd like to limit the photos in the gallery to the most recent to keep the kids from spending all their time just looking back through the pics. However, when I choose this option, I cannot pull up the gallery at all (maybe that's for the best). I have many photos in the gallery from testing, so it's not an issue of not having photos to show. When I untick that option, I can get to the gallery. I'm also using an overlay that has to generate each time I go into the gallery, so I was hoping to cut down on load time by limiting how many pictures show. I am on the most recent version of the app and I'm running the most recent version of iOS 11 on an iPad Mini (4th gen).

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Re: Can't get to gallery when limiting pictures shown

Postby tim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi purplemac,
When you turn on the option "Only see the most recent photos", there's intentionally no way to navigate straight to the gallery. You need to take some photos, and then you will see them in the gallery -- you can interact with the photos you just took as you would normally, but when you are done, you can't get back to them again. This option was conceived as a "privacy mode", for times when guests don't know each other (so, not a wedding, but an all-day outside kiosk etc)

If you are turning on this option just because you want to reduce load times, then there is a better way to reduce your load times:
- reduce the pixel resolution of the photos to be closer to what you print (or what you email). For example, if you print 1800x1200 pixels on 4x6" paper, then change your camera JPG settings to get as close to this as possible (almost always the smallest JPG option)
- reduce the pixel resolution of the overlay you are using. If your overlay appears small on a 1800x1200 image, then there's no need for it to be any larger than say 400x400 pixels
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Purplemac

Postby Purplemac » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 am

The functionality makes sense. Thanks for explaining, and for getting back to me so quickly. I’ve already lowered the resolution of the photos, and I will look at reducing the size of the overlay as well. Appreciate the tips!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 am

You're welcome!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”