Twitter Issues

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
markb

Twitter Issues

Postby markb » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Ti/Guys,
Got the Pro subscription as I love the app and the energy and input into the development.
I’m having an issue with the Twitter upload however...lots of intermittent posts and dropped posts, meaning not getting posted. I have found that if I log out of twitter and log back in again it can help but not always.
Any thoughts/advice/help?
Many thanks,
Mark

tim
Site Admin

Re: Twitter Issues

Postby tim » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi Mark
Awesome glad you like the app thanks!
Hmmm, how is the device connected to the internet when you're experiencing twitter issues?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

markb

Postby markb » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Tried both using home WiFi, a Mifi device and phones 4G.
Got the setting to send attachment for email and twitter.
The posting to twitter Is the only part of the app that seems hit and miss. The emails also do not come through every time.
I am hoping that this is something that I am doing wrong as I flipping love what you have created here Tim! 😎

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi Mark,
Maybe no one did anything wrong :) But let's figure it out in any case!
Let's start with the emails, as they're easiest to debug.
When you send an email with wifibooth:
- if it has internet access at that moment, it tries to send it right away. If it fails, it saves it for sending later
- if it has no internet access at that moment, it saves it for sending later.
When it saves an email for sending later, then you can see it: go to the event selection screen -- go event settings -> choose an event (top of left list), then you should see it is waiting for internet access.

If you don't see any waiting emails there, then wifibooth thinks it sent them. To check if it did, log into the webmail of the email account you gave it access to, and go have a look at the Sent Mail (aka Sent Items, whatever it is called) folder. Do you see the "missing emails" in there?

let me know what you find.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

markb

Postby markb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:22 am

:D ok logged in to email and all seems fine - all emails sent
In the app - there are no emails waiting to go either.
Round one...WiFi booth!

I have had another look at twitter and no joy there however. A couple of pics have been posted but not all of them...
Round two...split decision! :lol:

Dropbox is all up to date to 😎

markb

Postby markb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:17 am

Hi Tim,
I’ve been doing a little more testing with the twitter issues and it seems to not post to Twitter when branding is applied? Remove the branding and bang there it is!
Really bizarre.
Speak soon,
Mark

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 am

Hi Mark
First of all, thanks for testing and sorry it isn't working well for you - it needs to just work.
I did some testing, with all different combinations of branding and autopilot but it always worked for me.
Can you please make sure that when you check if wifibooth tweeted or not, that you are specifically using a web-browser, on a computer, at https://twitter.com/twitternameThatWifi ... ggedInWith -- to be sure that you are able to see all tweets. It can take a minute after the collage is finished for wifibooth to upload to twitter if your internet or wifi is a bit spotty.

If you can still reproduce a set of settings that wifibooth won't tweet with, please let me know: specifically i'll need screenshots of your branding, taking photos, gallery, and twitter settings pages. They don't have to be good screenshots, just good enough to be legible (ie. you could take the photo with your mobile phone, and post it on imgur or dropbox or wherever you like!)

thanks!

markb

Postby markb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 am

Tim you are a genius!

On the laptop through a browser (safari) it uploaded every single time...like a charm!

It seems to only to not load to Twitter when I try and refresh on the twitter app on my iPhone when using

Really puzzling...no worries though!

I will have my laptop with me at events so I can refresh from that.

I will keep you posted buddy.

Speak soon,

Mark

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Ha thanks for the compliment - not sure it's accurate but heck i'll take it :P
I wish you the best for your events!

Return to “Help: Other issues”