Guests at an event using the app

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
markb

Guests at an event using the app

Postby markb » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 am

Ok people my apologies in advance!

We are at an event and want to use the app from multiple devices/iPhones

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Mark

tim
Site Admin

Re: Guests at an event using the app

Postby tim » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Mark,
Yes! But it depends what you want to do. Here is what is supported:
- Wifibooth on iPad runs the photobooth
- Guests download the Wifibooth app on their iPhones/iPods, and remote-control the ipad. They don't need to connect directly to the camera/printer, it is handled via the iPad.

For guests to connect like this, they don't need wifi. Just download the app on your iPhone and try it out, once your iPad is already running a wifibooth photobooth :)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

markb

Postby markb » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:06 am

Thanks Tim for your always excellent customer service!

Flipping brilliant!

...ok here goes, is there a way to let 3 people use three different devices but still use the same “event”? (Template / branding / email settings etc)

I hope that I have explained that well enough?

We will be using WiFi booth roaming on an exhibition stand. Currently I have WB on my phone but is there a way that my colleagues could use their phones but connect to the same event?

Naturally, I’m thinking this would mean the purchase of two more wifibooth apps! 😎

Speak soon buddy,

Mark
P.S. We will be in full flight tomorrow...wish us luck! Check out the twitter hashtags #teddymountian #FAE17

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 am

Hi Mark,
You're welcome - happy customers multiply themselves :)
The remote control functionality works like this:
- multiple remotes can be connected to 1 iPad at a time (3 should be no problem)
- the iPad can be triggered only once at a time (makes sense, right? you can't have 2 countdowns running at the same time)
- only the remote that triggered the iPad gets a copy of the photos
- while a remote is in the process of finishing up after taking photos, ie. entering their email address, or creating a collage, they are not tying up the camera: now other remotes can use it

Please try this out and see if it works the way you want it to. For the remotes, you need any iPhone/iPod that has iOS 9 or newer. Even the crusty old iPhone 4S will work just fine.

But of course if you want to purchase the app more times, you'll have no resistance from me, or my wife & kids whom it feeds :lol:
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”