Lost my purchase

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
MistyBlue2010

Lost my purchase

Postby MistyBlue2010 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Okay, at NO time did the app tell me that if I deleted and tried to reinstall the app, that unless I attached it to my facebook account, my purchase would be lost. So I am pretty upset about that.

I wanted to reinstall the app because even though I have successfully managed to get the card hooked up to the wifi AND the official Eye-Fi app for the iPad can download the photos just fine, the Wifi Booth App wouldn't receive the photos. So I figured maybe I just need to reinstall the app.

BUT I HAD NO IDEA that I was going to end up wasting $12.99 because my purchase is gone. I am so upset right now.

Edit: And my sister's wedding is coming up on Saturday and I am just so frustrated that I cannot get your app to work. It was working just fine before I started trying to hook up the system over a wifi network. When I was just connecting the Eye-Fi directly to the iPad it was awesome! BUT I wanted to be able to print as well. So now what am I supposed to do?

Also by the way, I had NO idea that I could even connect my facebook to the app until I tried to click "Restore my purchase."

Edit 2:

Honestly, all I want is to have my purchase back. I just purchased it today. I can show proof if needed.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Lost my purchase! AND it wasn't working anyway!

Postby tim » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:00 am

No worries, we can fix this.
Open the WiFi Booth app, go to settings (top-right corner cog icon), and touch the "Restore My Purchase" button. When you are asked to "Facebook Login", touch Login. Log in with any facebook account, and authorize WiFi Booth. The app will tell you "No purchase could be restored", that's ok.
Then reply back in this thread, and write the facebook name of the account you signed in with. Then I can assign you your purchase.

Regarding Eye-Fi, if it was working in wifibooth with direct wifi but not when connected to a router, then the most likely issue is that there is some other tablet, phone, or computer connected to the same router that has the official eye-fi software running. One way to test this is to use a hotspot of your phone etc and connect the ipad and eyefi to that. Make sure if it's an iphone, that you leave the screen on the hotspot page, otherwise things cannot connect anymore. This helps because you can see the number of connections at the top of the phone -- and if you only ever see 1 (the ipad) then you know the eyefi is not configured right!

Return to “Help: Other issues”